Kansas City Chief Celebrates

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Oh, what a wonderful gesture! As one that regularly pays the adoption fee for the cat who has been there the longest, I salute his wonderful gesture!
PS our no kill shelter has changed their adoption procedures and costs. At first I was upset, but now that I think about it, I wish they all would. Every animal that enters the shelter and is deemed healthy and adoptable, (even older and with minor disabilities) are chipped, neutered/spayed and given all vaccinations. Ferals are the same and found homes with farms or back to their colonies, after a try at socialization. Kittens are kept until old enough to go through all this. Cats are now almost 50.00 and dogs 75.00 but if people would learn all the services they receive it is wonderful! I think the shelter was tired of people saying, and even signing they would get their pets neutered and didn't. This is a true start towards reducing unwanted pets. I realize there most likely won't be as many adoptions, but it eliminates those pets contributing even more to the population of the shelter!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Oh, what a wonderful gesture! As one that regularly pays the adoption fee for the cat who has been there the longest, I salute his wonderful gesture!
PS our no kill shelter has changed their adoption procedures and costs. At first I was upset, but now that I think about it, I wish they all would. Every animal that enters the shelter and is deemed healthy and adoptable, (even older and with minor disabilities) are chipped, neutered/spayed and given all vaccinations. Ferals are the same and found homes with farms or back to their colonies, after a try at socialization. Kittens are kept until old enough to go through all this. Cats are now almost 50.00 and dogs 75.00 but if people would learn all the services they receive it is wonderful! I think the shelter was tired of people saying, and even signing they would get their pets neutered and didn't. This is a true start towards reducing unwanted pets. I realize there most likely won't be as many adoptions, but it eliminates those pets contributing even more to the population of the shelter!
I think my cat's fees were about $90 (she was a kitten - it was a bit lower for adult cats), but she came spayed, microchipped and with her kitten vaccines, so I'm sure I got a better deal than paying for it myself and the peace of mind if not having to worry about it on my own is worth it!

Winchester

TCS Member
Veteran
Reaction score
That was an awesome gesture on his part! How cool that he would do that!

My last kitten that I actually paid for was Mollipop and I got her from the vet. I think she was $35, which included all her tests, kitten shots, and a coupon for $25 for her spay when she was old enough. Not a bad price at all, considering all the love and cuddles I get from that girl.

Although there's really no such thing as a "free" pet anyway. We found Tabby in our neighbor's driveway. She was "free" but heavens the vet bills for her ear mites! For the first 5-6 weeks we had her, she and I were going to the vet 3 times a week to have her ears checked and re-checked. And re-checked. And so on. Sometimes the vet would say, "Ah, don't worry, Pam, we're not going to charge for this visit." Most of the time, though, I paid. Again, considering the love and laughter we get from that little girl, it's a cheap price to pay.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Yeah, even 90.00 is cheap for adoption with everything done. The cost for neutering/spaying, and shots runs me 150.00. I have neutered/spayed more then i can remember. My husband always tells the new boys that show up to "run if they want to keep their ornaments!" :lol: