Just Wondering What Breed My Cat Cooper Is?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He is stunning, isn't he? His tail is so wonderfully bushy, especially when compared to the rest of his fur. He would be a brown (or silver? He looks silver in the first picture, brown in the second) mackeral tabby and white Domestic Mediumhair, but is a decent lookalike to a Turkish Angora.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kbirz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is stunning, isn't he? His tail is so wonderfully bushy, especially when compared to the rest of his fur. He would be a brown (or silver? He looks silver in the first picture, brown in the second) mackeral tabby and white Domestic Mediumhair, but is a decent lookalike to a Turkish Angora.
His fur is black and white, and he hardly sheds. I am pretty sure he is a cross breed but i am just not sure what two breeds!

DragonsNKitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's beautiful! It's a bit hard to tell his coat length from the pictures, but I'd think he's either a fluffier domestic shorthair or a shorter domestic medium hair.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
His fur is black and white, and he hardly sheds. I am pretty sure he is a cross breed but i am just not sure what two breeds!
He might be a cross of more than two breeds (hence Domestic Mediumhair). Approximately 95% of American Housecats are mixes. Since the purebred population of cats doesn't run as deep as it does dogs, most cats are mixes of all kinds of breeds (their parents were mixed, grandparents, etc.,) it might be a while back in their heritage until there was a true pedigreed cat. That's why looking for lookalikes is helpful. Your cat does resemble a Turkish Angora. Does that mean he has Turkish Angoras in his ancestry? Can't be positive, but it's a possibility. Take a look at this webpage: Breed Profile: The Turkish Angora, and take a look at the picture of the cat with the blue background. There are some visible similarities between Cooper and that cat.