Just Wanting To Say

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi

I just want to say that to everyone here whos fur kitty has passed or is soon to pass, may god bless you all, you did all you can do, and those kittys are at peace in heaven, not suffering and where blessed to have loving people looking after them during their life, even if some were shorter than others.

:(

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi

I just want to say that to everyone here whos fur kitty has passed or is soon to pass, may god bless you all, you did all you can do, and those kittys are at peace in heaven, not suffering and where blessed to have loving people looking after them during their life, even if some were shorter than others.

:(
Though I do appreciate your heartfelt words, I cannot help thinking that I could have done more for my cats... Sometimes I feel a sense of guilt for their death... :(

Anyway, thanks so much!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for this.

We as humans and pet lovers are conflicted. We mostly wish that our pets outlive us so we do not have to deal with the grief and sorrow of losing any one of them, because it really is painful. At the same time, if we leave this earth ahead of them, we will also worry immensely as to who will take care and love them as much as we do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I guess the guilt of their death is us having to make that final decision to end their lives, based on the information that our vet gives us at times. I know in my situation, i had to make that final decision for both of them because the vet told me that you can do these blood tests, or get the operation but the final result would be the same due to their age or due to their physical ability to live a few months longer. Financially i couldn't get operations for them and i would have loved to provide that. And the fact of even if they did live a longer a few months or more in my mind i know would be thinking are my cats suffering for longer because i want them to be alive longer, will the pain meds make them comfortable to enjoy their life. I have that guilt too its like a limbo, i stopped them from suffering, but if the vets wouldn't have told me you should think about putting them down, i wouldn't have done it so soon maybe , but they could have suffered longer or not. I dont know. After when i put Leo down first, i told myself i would do all that i can for MC, and it turns out the vet tells me only a $6000 dollar kidney transplant will save her, but she is old and will die soon anyways. I dunno.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After when i put Leo down first, i told myself i would do all that i can for MC, and it turns out the vet tells me only a $6000 dollar kidney transplant will save her, but she is old and will die soon anyways. I dunno.
I think I am against organ transplants in pets. I mean, at least in the case of a kidney transplant, who would be the donor? Another cat? Have we asked that cat for its opinion? Does it agree with losing one of its kidneys to save another cat?
Though we can love our cats to bits, do we feel alright to take such a decision? Who are we to decide that another living being has to be deprived of an organ just to save our cat?

The blood transfusion is a totally different matter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Antonio65 i agree with you regarding the organ transplants, it would be wrong to use another cat's kidney for a transplant especially it does not have a say in it. Until you mentioned it it didn't occur to me how they would get the organ, and how would they do it, just pick a cat and operate on him or her to get a kidney for another cat, and then expect the poor cat who donated to survive with one kidney, it is cruel. Thanks for opening my eyes Antonio65.