Just Wanted To Say How Amazing This Site Is

joules

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I joined this site nearly five years ago when my cat, Pablo, first got sick. Since then, I have found so much wisdom and incredible knowledge here, and I'm grateful for the folks who take the time to post with so much thoughtfulness and care. I regret that I never started my own thread for Pablo because I'm sure I would have gotten the support I needed to question my vet and push for more aggressive treatment when it was appropriate. Instead, I write this a day before my boy will be euthanized after a long struggle with IBD.

Newbies, take heed: Make use of this site and it's wonderful community. The combined knowledge here is astounding, and I am thankful for what everyone here is contributing and continuing to build.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sad to hear about Pablo. I second everything Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 said but want to add that this is a time to be gentle with yourself and not second-guess what should or should not have been done. You did the best you could, which is so much more than most cats get and which is really all that anyone can do.

The next few hours are precious ones and I hope you and Pablo can have some last good moments together. You're there for him and both of you will find comfort in each other's company.

Do you have a good idea of what to expect tomorrow? If not, it may make things a bit easier for you if you read up on the process so you know what's typically done and what kind of responses to expect. In my experience, the process has been very peaceful for my cats as well as for me. It can even be profound in a way. The vet first gave an injection to put my cats into a sound sleep and then gave the shot that actually euthanized them. In every case, my cat just drifted off. I hope that your experience with Pablo mirrors mine.

And finally, thank you for saying such kind things about TCS. It really is a very special place with extremely supportive members and a massive amount of information.

Plumeria

Leroy's Mommy
Adult Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you about your precious Pablo. I have the same regrets as you about my Leroy. I did start a thread about his cancer but only after he started chemo. I should’ve seeked advice the moment he was diagnosed.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello. I'm so sorry about Pablo. :alright: When you are up to it, do come back and post a tribute to him.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I would be off balance without pets in my life . I think in the future you will likely end up saving an abandoned cat or two .
Best wishes ... :hellocomputer:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please know we are here if you need comfort. This is something you will never get over it, you have to learn to live through it. Your empathy would be much appreciated in the future for others who are going through losing someone they love, I hope you continue to stay and add your valuable contributions. We are all one family, joined by our incredible love for these amazing little ones, my heart goes out to you, I know how much this hurts. Please come and post a tribute to your precious one on our Crossing the Bridge Forum when you are ready. Bless you for loving so much...…

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet Pablo. And thank you for the compliments for TCS!