Just want to say thanks!

crickets mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am a new member to this site,  but Ive been reading this forum scince August.  I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their great threads.

I found a pregnant young cat in july, she was skin and bones with this huge pregnant belly.  I couldnt leave her. I took her to the vet right away and she confirmed that she was very pregnant. We took her home and fattened her up. She gave birth to 7 healthy kittens 3 weeks later.  She was an excellent mama.  Because I had never had babies, I had a ton of questions,and refered to this website often. I was worried about every thing. When I thought they were having breathing problems, I found thread that taught me they were just hissing at me
.  I ended up finding homes for 5 of the kittens and kept mama, the female runt, and one of the males (the female runt is a polydactal, just like mama). They are now just over 5 months old.  I really wasnt planning on keeping  any of them (except mama), but had a hard time finding homes. They drive me crazy every day, but I love them.  It was such a rewarding experience.  I cried every time I brought a kitten to its new home, but luckily I knew everyone who got one so I can visit them. 

I just wanted to share my story with you guys, and let you know that you help a lot of people. Even when you dont know it.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're glad you've found TCS helpful.  Diving into cat ownership under those circumstances must have been very difficult.

What a pile of cuteness, though!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Tx a lot for these words!

Yes, such a stories and comments makes it worthwile for us to put time, mental energy and work on the Forum.

In this our common interest for our these small brethrens and sisters.

I, and TCS, wants also to thank YOU for your great deed of unselfish work.

Although you do also got a no small reward - three furry friends.    :)

Please continue to participate in our forums, please proceed also how they develop and live...

Good luck!    *vibes*

I just wanted to share my story with you guys, and let you know that you help a lot of people. Even when you dont know it.
Welcome to the TCS site and oru Forums!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Crickets mom.  Your story is a beutiful example of most people CAN do, be the difference. 

"Yes, we can change".

It is not necessary to be a pro, or be seasoned rescuer. Or have  big resources.

Almost everybody can do it, also a newbe.

If you have a big enough heart. And if you WANT  and dare to do your deed.

Than you can do it.  It is a lot of work and hardship.

You must be prepared it can be sorrow, also with any luck also a lot of joy.

But it can be done with a little luck and Gods help.

Nobody can help all, not even the President. But everybody can help at least somebody.

Good luck!    *vibes*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crickets mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here are some more current pics of my kitties, and yes, they are nursing in the one picture!!!!

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hahaha!! They're awful big to be nursing. :lol3:

Looks like they had quite a mix of colors.... black, black, black, black, ginger, white and tortie? And the mama is so pretty :love:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crickets mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hahaha!! They're awful big to be nursing.

Looks like they had quite a mix of colors.... black, black, black, black, ginger, white and tortie? And the mama is so pretty

Two black males, one black female (with extra toes), two tortie females (one with extra toes), one orange (or I guess you call it ginger?) tabby male, and the white male.  Funny thing about that guy, I thought he was gonna be solid white, but as he got hair on his tail and ears, it was orange!  He now looks just like a purebred Flame Point Siamese!  My mom got this little guy (whos not so little now) and one of the tortie females.  They are the loves of her life.  She calls me almost every day to tell me everything her babies did that day!