Just to clarify on raw

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
If I'm adding raw to already canned do I need to do anything special. And does that mean I can just buy a some chicken, giblets or turkey, bring home, cut up and serve to them? Again trying to clarify because I want to add a bit to their already canned food. I'm so confused.

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If your just using random cuts etc and it isn’t balanced it shouldnt be more than 10% of thier diet. So basically considered a treat not actual food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok thanks. But I can just cut up the meat and serve as is with their food correct? Meaning I don't have to steam, boil, broil etc?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok thanks. Chicken or turkey is the best I suppose and I can just use what I get at the supermarket like what we buy for ourselves?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. Next time I fix some chicken I'll give them a bite of raw to see how they react.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Next time I fix some chicken I'll give them a bite of raw to see how they react.
That’s how I made sure mine would eat raw. I bought chicken thighs (be sure there are no additives..sometimes there’s added saline, for example), snipped off some thumbnail-sized pieces, and gave them a couple of pieces with their canned food.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok thanks. Chicken or turkey is the best I suppose and I can just use what I get at the supermarket like what we buy for ourselves?

Read the package label. You don't want meat that has broth, sodium solutions, flavorings ("natural" or otherwise), etc added.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I'm talking about like you pick up like a package of chicken legs or chicken thighs in the meat department. Nothing packaged with seasonings and all

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Even packaged raw chicken and turkey can sometimes contain extra added stuff. I've seen store brand of raw chicken breasts with added sodium solution as a preservative:dunno: It was noted in teen tiny print on the label.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Even packaged raw chicken and turkey can sometimes contain extra added stuff. I've seen store brand of raw chicken breasts with added sodium solution as a preservative:dunno: It was noted in teen tiny print on the label.
Wow. Thanks I didn't realize that. I'll check the labels then as sodium affects me as well.