Just stopping by to say hello

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know much about Bobcats. I love the pics of yours sleeping in the tub with a washcloth pillow
 . Are they very similar to domestic cats if you get a really young one? It must be absolutely precious to snuggle a big cat  like yours 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just catching up with this.  I know we have mutual friends on facebook but I didn't hear about Carmelo.  I'm so sorry.  It sounds like he was your "soul kitty." 

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi John

That is just amazing. Is Boris the one, that, was so poorly socialized before you got or is that Nekoma? I think, that, is Nekoma. Yes, my memory and spelling is still... "off" at times
. In any event that story is just amazing. I REALLY WISH, I could have Facebook now. But, I can't due to my jobs rules

wikedkity

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello amber! i dont know if you remember me or not..... we met on another forum - i have a canadian lynx ----- anyway - good to see your still around!

wikedkity

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
oh john ... ive been so out of touch - i am so sorry about carmello- i followed you and carmello on another forum for years ..... my heart breaks for you 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know much about Bobcats. I love the pics of yours sleeping in the tub with a washcloth pillow
 . Are they very similar to domestic cats if you get a really young one? It must be absolutely precious to snuggle a big cat  like yours 
They have some qualities similar to domestic cats, but they are very strong willed cats and want things their way and their way only. They will cuddle, but only on their terms. And one thing about a bobcat, they never back down. So if they lets say, get a hold of something of yours that you don't want them to have, you are not getting it back until it is either destroyed, lol, or they decide they are done with it. You won't make them give it to you lol. They are very possessive of their food. But, when they love you, you are loved big time. And, they are very very proud of their butt HAHAHA. Nothing says hello from a bobcat more, than their butt in your face lol. And spraying, there is nothing you can do to stop it. Both male and females spray and spay/neutering does not help. Amber is my big sprayer and the others do most of theirs outside in the enclosure. Electrical outlets are a big target for bobcats. Why? I have no clue. But you will see in some of my pics, that every outlet in my home is covered with plastic. I also replaced every outlet in the house quite a few years ago after I realised they were targeting them.
Just catching up with this.  I know we have mutual friends on facebook but I didn't hear about Carmelo.  I'm so sorry.  It sounds like he was your "soul kitty." 
Yes indeed he was

Hi John

That is just amazing. Is Boris the one, that, was so poorly socialized before you got or is that Nekoma? I think, that, is Nekoma. Yes, my memory and spelling is still... "off" at times
. In any event that story is just amazing. I REALLY WISH, I could have Facebook now. But, I can't due to my jobs rules
It was Nakoma who was poorly socialized and abused. Now however, he knows he is loved and is spoiled rotten

oh john ... ive been so out of touch - i am so sorry about carmello- i followed you and carmello on another forum for years ..... my heart breaks for you 
You were on the Exoticcatz.com forum correct??

wikedkity

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yes- i was on exoticcatz- thats where i fell in love with your cats 

wikedkity

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
wow! after fighting with new mexico and losing time after time i got pretty down and depressed without my boy  and stopped checking in on the forum - i did try to google search it and thought it strange that it was gone. ---- that really sucks!....  do you know/have you heard of Debi Willoughby, Jungle Encounters  ? 

wikedkity

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
just curious..... she put together a trip to belize in november ---  safaries and stuff and we we also be working to help with the wild cat conservation while we are there.... i think theres 2 spots still open if your interested 

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, Wikedkity and AmbertheBobcat can I be your "kitty sitter" when you go on vacation
? I have no exotics or hybrids of my own right now, so, I need a kitty fix

Last edited:

wikedkity

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
lol! can you fit in a carry on?
   thats to cute! kitty fix anytime 
ubecha!

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol! can you fit in a carry on?
   thats to cute! kitty fix anytime 
ubecha!
Glad I made you laugh 
. I am short, very short. But, I would be over the fifty (50) pound weight limit 
. So, my kitty fix will have to be satisfied with pictures