Just stopping by to say hello

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been on this site for quite a while now. I see a lot of new names and some old familiar ones. Just wondered how everyone is doing and just wanted to stop by and say hello

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi John 

How is Carmello, Amber, Boris, Natasha and Alyia doing? Please, forgive, ALL the misspellings of the Cougar and the Bobcats names 
. I still can't spell 

Last edited:

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John!!! So good to hear from you. We must have pics of the putty tats. :hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the warm greetings. I'm doing ok, as well as the cats. So much has been going on and a lot not very good. I'm hoping that with this new ban law in Ohio, that I will still be able to keep my cats. There are some improvements, but a lot of garbage I have to deal with now. I won't get into that at the moment.

With that however, I have some very very sad news. It hurts my soul to even say this, but my big boy Carmello has crossed the bridge back in November, he was only 6.
   We really have no answer as to what exactly happened. But what ever it was, was very fast. He had gone off feed for a couple days. Nothing unusual, he had done this before, especially after his big surgery a few years back, when he swallowed that stick. He was still drinking water and moving around. No big warning signs that something was majorly wrong. Then the day before he passed, we noticed that he was not himself. Was still drinking water, but was not very active. That is when a call was placed with the vet. The vet was coming out the following day to check on him and have him microchipped to comply with Ohio's new stupid ban law. That morning, I walked out to see him and there he was. Lying on his side as if he was just sleeping. But no, he was gone.

A huge part of me died that day. Nothing seems or feels right any more and on top of dealing with this ban and new over the top regulations. Yes, the bobcats should be ok to stay with me, even though I have to pay a $500 per year fee for the permit and follow strict caging rules. I already had very very good enclosures, but they wanted to make it so strict that no one could comply. Luck for them, we got the state to back off a little.

I can't stop thinking about Carmelo and I never will. His ashes are with me in my bedroom. The bobbers show there love of course 
but Carmelo and I had such a strong bond and he was just entering the stage in his life where he really calmed down and showed me love like no other. I miss his chirps, his purrs and his huge paws around me as he licked my head.

So that is where I am at. The bobbers are doing very well and so very very spoiled

Last edited:

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey John nice to see you back, i'm still so sorry about Carmelo :( Im pleased to read the bob cats are all well :)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello John and nice to see your post. My deepest condolences to you over the loss of :rbheart: Carmello. My heart goes out to you. So painful to loss them so young and suddenly like that. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so shocked to hear about Carmello. :rbheart: Sending lots more :hugs: and :rub: your way.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John, it is good to hear from you, but very sad to hear your news. I hope you manage to keep the bobcats well and happy under the new regs.

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi John

I am so so so so so so so so so so so sorry, for your loss. I am not even sure, what else to say, to be honest. But, please, accept my deepest condolences.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Glad to see you back here, John, but so sad about Carmelo. :rbheart: Run free across the Bridge, Big Guy. No more cages. :rbheart:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, no. I'm so sorry to hear about Carmelo. He was so special, and you must be heartbroken to have lost him. :rbheart:

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the kind words. I miss my boy, my friend. I will never forget our bond and even though our time was short, I thank God for the gift to be able to share my life with him. And this goes for the bobcats as well. They are my life, there is no doubt about that

I have a very interesting and heart warming story about Carmelo after he passed. I had him cremated and the day I picked up his ashes, I could not stop the tears from flowing. However, something happened that day, that let me know Carmelo and I will meet once again. As soon as I brought his ashes inside the home with me, Boris was just beside himself. All grumpy and having a temper tantrum, something he would always do whenever I brought a new cat into the home. He walked the whole house growling at everything and didn't want me near him. He was so upset like, how dare you bring that cat into the house? Just then, I knew why he was upset. Carmelo's spirit was there with me, by my side. My big boy didn't want to leave me. That night, as I was trying to sleep, I spoke with Carmelo. I told him, my heart hurts for his loss and I feel so empty inside, but I knew he had to cross the bridge and run free. So I told him boy, as much as I hurt, I will be ok. I told him to cross the bridge, but asked him before you go, can you let Boris know that he is ok and not to be so upset? I said a prayer for Carmelo so that he would have a safe crossing and asked God to guide him along his way. I said my final goodbye with tears in my eyes and drifted off to sleep. That morning when I awoke, Boris greeted me with his friendly bobcat chatter and purrs. It was then that I knew, my boy had crossed the bridge safely and will be waiting for the time when he and I will see each other again forever. RIP Carmelo

Last edited:

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have debated posting the picture of Carmelo the day I found him. But it is very interesting to see. I was not alone in his den box with him. I remember hugging him as I cried and ran my hand along his side. I took a picture of him and when I looked at the pic, I was a bit shocked. For there was a very vivid hand impression in his fur along his side. I know I did not place my had there, because I was holding his head in my arms and ran my hand along his side. But I did not place my hand there. It was almost as if there was someone there with me, that had a hand on Carmelo and one on me. I am a firm believer in God and I feel he was there with me at that moment, to give me comfort. But the picture is also very sad, because it is of Carmelo the day he passed away.

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the kind words. I miss my boy, my friend. I will never forget our bond and even though our time was short, I thank God for the gift to be able to share my life with him. And this goes for the bobcats as well. They are my life, there is no doubt about that

I have a very interesting and heart warming story about Carmelo after he passed. I had him cremated and the day I picked up his ashes, I could not stop the tears from flowing. However, something happened that day, that let me know Carmelo and I will meet once again. As soon as I brought his ashes inside the home with me, Boris was just beside himself. All grumpy and having a temper tantrum, something he would always do whenever I brought a new cat into the home. He walked the whole house growling at everything and didn't want me near him. He was so upset like, how dare you bring that cat into the house? Just then, I knew why he was upset. Carmelo's spirit was there with me, by my side. My big boy didn't want to leave me. That night, as I was trying to sleep, I spoke with Carmelo. I told him, my heart hurts for his loss and I feel so empty inside, but I knew he had to cross the bridge and run free. So I told him boy, as much as I hurt, I will be ok. I told him to cross the bridge, but asked him before you go, can you let Boris know that he is ok and not to be so upset? I said a prayer for Carmelo so that he would have a safe crossing and asked God to guide him along his way. I said my final goodbye with tears in my eyes and drifted off to sleep. That morning when I awoke, Boris greeted me with his friendly bobcat chatter and purrs. It was then that I knew, my boy had crossed the bridge safely and will be waiting for the time when he and I will see each other again forever. RIP Carmelo
I'm a newer member but I have looked at your pictures and older posts many times. Stunningly beautiful cats.

I read this post with tears running down my cheeks. I do believe Carmelo was letting you and Boris know that he is okay, and hopes you are too.

When my cat died it took a while, but after enough time passed, I was able to feel the happy memories much more than the sad one. I hope this day comes soon for you.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had teary eyes as I wrote this as well
 I do believe that was him paying one last visit. Carmelo could be a tease at times, even with me. As with the times he would try to trip me while I was in his enclosure. He could be a silly boy at times. Still, every once in a while, I can hear a "chirp" and stop and listen. Not sure if it was a bird I hear or if it is a silent personal hello. Funny to hear such a big cat, he was about 200 pounds, make such a bird like sound. And then there were his grunting sounds, that he only made for me, no one else. SInce I can not post it here, I welcome anyone to pm me and I can give you my name so you can look me up on facebook. I have many pictures there, but I have a couple of videos of myself and Carmelo, about a month before he passed. I uploaded them from my phone, not sure if I can upload them here from my phone.

I know it will get better and it has, but there are days that I long to hug that big boy. Of course, I have the 5 bobcats who are a huge part of my life as Carmelo was. I get lots of bobber love every day and that makes things so much better