Just pulled off of cat's butt

sunandmoonkitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of my cats loving stuck her butt in my face as they do sometimes 😣 and I noticed a hard black dot attached to her anus. I thought it was a bit of old, dried, poop and tried to wipe it with no luck, as it seemed stuck. My cat is usually pretty good, so I managed to get in there with a soft piece of tissue and pull it off, but this is what ended up coming out with it. Is this anything to be concerned about? It was just to right of her anal opening, and the skin there also has a slightly shiny, discoloured look after I'd removed it
20210919_214103.jpg
20210919_214113.jpg
Thank you for your time

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Was it at the side of the opening in which case it could be a small amount of poop stuck to her anal gland. They have one either side and sometimes get a little dirty.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks like a mucousal plug. It could have come from the anal glads. I wouldn't worry about it. You can email the picture to the vet for piece of mind if you wish.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunandmoonkitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Was it at the side of the opening in which case it could be a small amount of poop stuck to her anal gland. They have one either side and sometimes get a little dirty.
Yes, on the butthole, just slightly to the right of the actual anal opening. Do they become clear like that if it's related to the gland?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have removed several from my cat and they look just the same as your photo. You could put a small amount of vasaline on a Q tip and dap it on the poop if it happens again, it will soften the area and then it's easier to wipe off.

sunandmoonkitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like a mucousal plug. It could have come from the anal glads. I wouldn't worry about it. You can email the picture to the vet for piece of mind if you wish.
Thank you!

sunandmoonkitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have removed several from my cat and they look just the same as your photo. You could put a small amount of vasaline on a Q tip and dap it on the poop if it happens again, it will soften the area and then it's easier to wipe off.
Thank you very much!