Just need to vent

Bobo5321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I guess I just needed to vent. This is my first post. I had a stray cat that randomly came up about a year ago. He wouldnt leave, and so I fed him because i felt bad for him. That ended up being a great buddy for about a year, until he was killed by some dogs. I lost a buddy that never once told me anything i didnt want to hear, he never once let me down. I was completely tore up over it. Well a few months later a friend gave me 2 kittens that were about 8 weeks old, a brother and sister. Ive raised those two as if they were my children. Awesome cats that did most everything together. Well, the sister cat ended up pregnant by a neighbors cat. A few nights ago with her brother/best friend by her side, she had four kittens. I was happy, and both of them seemed to be happy. Not long after she had the last kitten, i took the brother outside with me as i always do. These cats never get near the road. I walk inside for literally 20 seconds to grab my drink. When i walk back out, i could hear a car coming down the road. As soon as i get off the porch, i heard a thud. Even though they never get near the road, i knew exactly what it was. The brother cat/my great buddy was killed instantly. And ive been tore up over him. But whats even worse now, is the fact that my other great buddy has 4 kittens in there, and she seems to be a great mother, but i can tell she is depressed because the same night she had her first kittens, her best friend was killed. And it sucks because not only did i lose a buddy, but i have to wonder how my other buddys dealing with the emotions of new babies and losing her brother. Anyway, i just needed to say all of that to maybe help myself, i dont know. Thanks for listening.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow. You've been through a lot. I'm so sorry. :hugs:
Will your girl grieve the loss of her brother? Yes, she will but she has you and her babies to help her get through it. All of you will help each other heal. It doesn't matter how long we have with them, it never seems like enough, does it? Cats are very resilient. Mama Kitty knows she has you to be there for her and help with the babies so I'm sure she will be OK. You need to allow yourself time to grieve as well. I'm so sorry for your loss. May both cats RIP at the bridge. :rbheart:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
B Bobo5321 , please see this thread: Grieving. It may help you get to the place where your first feeling when you think of your lost cats is how wonderful they were rather than how terrible your loss is.

I'm so sorry that this is what brought you to TCS, but you're definitely in the right place. Feel free to vent any time you need to; we're always here for you. And I mean "always" literally - TCS has members around the globe, so any time, day or night, someone will see your posts almost immediately.

:hugs: :rbheart: :rbheart:

Also, we'd love to see pictures of the kittens and their mama.

Margret

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My heartfelt sympathies go out to you on the sudden loss of the brother cat. :hugs: His memories will remain in your heart forever. :redheartpump:
The sister cat, aka mama, and her kittens are positively precious.:lovecat3: Thank you for the darling pictures and please keep us posted on their progress whenever you have a chance.