Just need to vent!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There I was, all smug that I had finally gotten all my strays fixed, and my 'herd' stabilized, and now someone has dumped an elderly male at my doorstep.You can tell he has been out on his own for a while, his need for companionship is heartbreaking.  He is emaciated, filthy, and a lot of his hair has fallen out, in fact his tail is bare, I don't know if it is from injury or from him pulling it out. I can tell from his face he is old, how on earth can somebody do this!!! He naturally found a heated hut and has taken it over, he eats and drinks and is not afraid of me or the other cats at all. He doesn't look good, I have a feeling he may not be long for this world, he is awfully weak. I will make his last days as comfortable as I can, and want to curse the person who left him out to defend himself, they are heartless monsters. I also have a young black kitten showing up and a black and white male, the saga goes on!    

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
"they are heartless monsters"

I can think of many things to call them, most of which I would never put on this site. At least the little fellow ended up with someone like you so he doesn't die alone and has someone to care for him. God bless you Di and Bob, my heart goes out to the little fellow.

Last edited:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you so much for all that you do.  It is a very sad world we live in these days.  I cannot understand the type of person who dumps an animal of any kind. 

Loving thoughts being sent to this beautiful boy.  May his time left be touched with love.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Di, I see this every day where I live. Abandoned, dumped, neglected cats all over town. I do what I can, but it does get depressing. The poor old cat somehow knew to come to you. Probably the wisest decision of his life. Thanks for everything you do.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My guess is that someone or others knows that you have a heart for the kitties and that's why they left them kitties at your door step.

It could be that they can't manage or not cat lovers but have a heart for such lost and suffering strays. It's just my guess.

But I thank you for taking him in and giving him the best for his remaining days.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is wonderful that God has you to care for His creatures! I,too,understand your frustration; I finally had all cats on my place fixed & vaccinated but early this summer, an emaciated pregnant kitten showed up and during all the fighting (she was considered an intruder by the other ferals) she gave birth and abandoned the kittens (I got 2 to survive a week); so here I go again, having to TNR in my own yard again.[emoji]128533[/emoji] and she is instinctively afraid of the trap not to mention very observant when the tamer cats go in it for the bait. Sometimes I just have to focus on looking forward to meeting my Maker and,hopefully, hear "well done, my good and faithful servant" - and I have no doubt those are the words He will tell you!
By the way, did you name the old guy yet? *wink*

lily paddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Makes me so sad... My kitty JAxx was thrown from a car with his whole family.. they all were killed.. the police found a bloody pillowcase.. he was the only one that lived.. he was taken to a foster home .. i thank you for people who care, people that volunteer, who open their hearts to be hurt the worst pain when they pass.. The Old the babies the not a kitten cute ones the freezing ones the difficult ones the ones that have litter box and eating issues the ones that need medications the ones that need us.. that need love.. Thank you. Old man cat .. with a lifetime of pain on his face.. left to fend for himself.. and found u.. with a warm heart that cant say no.. and will love.. Thank you . 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for your responses! There I wanted to vent and got all these heartwarming posts! It encourages and makes me so happy there are so many kind people in the world!  PS Yes, I did name him, Mouse, since he is all grey and has no hair on his tail! My heart aches to see how frail he is, and he does have an 'old man face'.