Just moved to a new house.

Aafia Ijaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I moved to a new house today and this house is slightly bigger than the previous one. The previous house included a ground and first floor. However, the new one includes a tiny basement that has 2 bedrooms, a ground floor with 1 bedroom and a storeroom, a first floor with 3 bedrooms and a laundry room. And then there is a loft as well.

So when I moved with my 2 cats this afternoon, one of them was in her vet basket while the other was in my arms. I filled the room with their old toys, old litter, and a mat that they sit on. I placed my cat (the one in the basket) and she didn't come out for 5 hours straight, and wouldn't eat either. The other one was busy exploring every corner of the room. I offered food to this one and she ate, drank water and used the litter as well, and then wanted to go out and explore the entire house, but I didn't let her.

Now, coming to the cat in the basket, after 5 hours she did come out and went straight under the bed. She was scared of everything. Then gradually, she came out and started smelling everything and every corner. She asked for food as well and used the litter. Now she is meowing to go out.

Please let me know what you suggest. Should I let them out at this point?

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I would wait until tomorrow. That way they have more time to adjust and you can get a good nights sleep without worrying about them. They have had a long day and will hopefully settle down and sleep.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Aafia Ijaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No outside. Please let them get used to the house first.
By outside i meant, outside that one room they are in. The entire house i mean.
We do not let our cats go out of the house

Aafia Ijaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would wait until tomorrow. That way they have more time to adjust and you can get a good nights sleep without worrying about them. They have had a long day and will hopefully settle down and sleep.
They were too desperate to get out of the room. So i just let them out. One of the cats is just too anxious and would meow loudly if left alone for a while. She is normally not like this, hardly ever makes a sound. The other one is just roaming around.
Btw theres too much dust, is it bad for the cats?

Aafia Ijaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi. The cat in the vet basket (Luna) has explored the house and is doing better than before

Aafia Ijaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would try to get the place cleaned up as soon as you can.
I have cleaned my room. 2 more rooms have been cleaned as well. However, the rest of the house is still dusty. We are looking for a maid for that

Aafia Ijaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
should i let them on their own while everyone goes to sleep? Would it be fine at this point?
I mean they are already on their own the entire day when we’re all up but just wanted to ask if it’s fine to leave them independent at night as well? Cause i keep them in my room at night and after a few hours they wanna go out