Just Lost My Beautiful Cookiepuss!

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She passed on my bed. Must have been late this afternoon. Went in to check on her and she was already gone. I think I am still in shock! I can't even cry right now my heart is racing and I feel empty and suddenly lonely. She would have turned 19 on April 8 so she lived a very long and happy life. She had complications and was on BP meds so it was not like it was totally out of the blue. You just can't prepare yourself for it when it happens. I feel blessed to have had this beautiful loving sweet creature in my life. I don't think I will sleep tonight. She was my snuggle buddy!

The irony is she had a vet appt tomorrow morning and I was going to report her progress on her new meds.

I only have pictures of her at 16 when she was younger and healthy.

Red Plaid Bed2.jpg

WonderY

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She passed on my bed. Must have been late this afternoon. Went in to check on her and she was already gone. I think I am still in shock! I can't even cry right now my heart is racing and I feel empty and suddenly lonely. She would have turned 19 on April 8 so she lived a very long and happy life. She had complications and was on BP meds so it was not like it was totally out of the blue. You just can't prepare yourself for it when it happens. I feel blessed to have had this beautiful loving sweet creature in my life. I don't think I will sleep tonight. She was my snuggle buddy!

The irony is she had a vet appt tomorrow morning and I was going to report her progress on her new meds.

I only have pictures of her at 16 when she was younger and healthy.

View attachment 223279
❤❤ So sorry Candy.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Candybee Candybee ,
how terrible it is to find our babies dead while we were away. I think it is my worst nightmare!
And, if possible, it's even worse when you think you were going to tell your vet that she was getting well on her new meds.

Take comfort from the fact she was dreaming on your bed and went from a dream to a another one, a new dream where everything is beautiful, cozy, warm and sweet, and there's light and friends and love.
One day you will be part of that dream.

Hugs!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She passed gently into the night, at home, surrounded by the love she knew and returned for all those years. I can think of no other way I, and those I love, would want to go.
You are right, there is no way to prepare our hearts for the heartache that follows, no matter how we try to convince ourselves that it is coming and inevitable. Not one of us is guaranteed a tomorrow. The minute all living things are born they are on the path to die, that is natural and unavoidable. It is how we spend the time in between and the choices we make that make life worth living. She was a joy in your life, her love uncomplicated and totally consuming. She became a part of your life's journey and will forever be a part of your soul. Her love will always be tied to your own and she will never be far from your own journey, paralleling that path until the day it once more crosses. Her physical presence will be dearly missed, she was such a part of your life it is impossible to comprehend never stroking that sweet head or smelling that soft fur. But those things will forever be in your memories, you will forever have those stored in your heart, to bring to that heart for comfort, when you need it the most. Celebrate having that sweet girl in your life, try not to dwell on the end. You have gained something precious, something irreplaceable, something that brought joy and happiness to your soul.The past can never be changed, but the future is as you make it with what you do today. And I know she would never want sadness in your life, because she loves you as much as you love her, and only wants sunshine and joy in that life, just as you would want for her if you were the first to go.
So now the tears fall because we mourn those who leave us. Not because they want to, because they have to. It is up to us to find that joy in living once more, to bring love and happiness back into these dark days. Because it is what they want for us, the one they love above all else. Because that is what love is. Don't dwell on all those should haves, could haves,they bring nothing but heartache and change nothing. The bond you have with that sweet girl will be tied to you forever, concentrate on all the years of happiness and what she brought to your life, you gave her what she wanted the most in this world, your love. A love well done, a life well lived, we could all only wish for the same.....Take care. My heart goes out to you in this time of sadness. My prayers go out for you both to find peace......RIP beautiful Cookiepuss. You will forever be held in a loving heart, you will never be forgotten in this world. May the good Lord welcome you with open arms, may He keep you safe and warm until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
di and bob-- that was such a beautiful post. Thank you so much I think I needed that! She was a blessing to me and I have a lot of lovely memories of her and us together.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you lost your friend, 19 is a long time but the time that we have with them is never long enough, but she had a wonderful life thanks to you and loves you for it. She passed peacefully onto the next life, we should all be so lucky....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Cookiepuss, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I grieve for her passing and your sorrow, but what a comfort to slip quietly and gently from one sleep to that Deeper Sleep which we all someday reach. You gave her 19 years of love and joy, and that love was, is, and will always be returned. Love never dies, and it abides.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and posts. I buried her today in the back so she would always be at home as she was in life. After going through the process of burying her and saying my peace to her it helped to calm and heal my heart a bit and give me some peace. I will always miss her but am forever grateful to have had this sweet wonderful soul in my life! Rest in peace sweet baby!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and posts. I buried her today in the back so she would always be at home as she was in life. After going through the process of burying her and saying my peace to her it helped to calm and heal my heart a bit and give me some peace. I will always miss her but am forever grateful to have had this sweet wonderful soul in my life! Rest in peace sweet baby!
I'm glad you have found a little peace with your loss. What a sweet looking girl. She was clearly much loved and well cared for. RIP, little one. :rbheart: