Just found this feral cat and been taking care of it. What kind of cat is this ?

kcolesforpres

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am pretty sure it has an eye infection as well. Not too familiar with cats but been feeding and doing my best to take care of it. I’m very interested in finding out what breed it is!

Attachments

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Domestic short hair. The colouring is dilute orange tabby, sometimes called a cream tabby. The kitten does look like they have an eye infection. If they've been outside for any length of time they probably have parasites too. These are easily taken care of, but you need to take your kitten to a vet.

Do they have a name?

catloverfromwayback

Servant to the Ofurlords
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the site! Are you thinking of keeping this little sweetie? I'd suggest a vet visit. Apart from the eye infection, a feral kitten will have other things to clear up - fleas, maybe worms, maybe ear mites. They're not hard to get rid of (my Hadji was only four weeks old when my mum and I got him, and he had all those things and came through fine).

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Not a true feral as she's not wild at all... but s/he's had a really rough time of it, poor darling.
I do hope s/he's found her home with you.. s/he's gorgeous, and looks so very settled.:redheartpump:
But definitely a vet visit, for all the reasons others have said.

Keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kcolesforpres

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you to all and the plan for now is to keep it. It seems like it wants to stay

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Congrats on becoming a cat parent! Get that little one to the vet as soon as you can to get something for the eye - and an overall check up. Hopefully he'll (assumption) be right as rain soon. We're here for any advice or help you need along the way!

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am pretty sure it has an eye infection as well. Not too familiar with cats but been feeding and doing my best to take care of it. I’m very interested in finding out what breed it is!
A cream mackerel tabby domestic short-hair. Such a sweet bond you have going on🥰

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Description snd advices is as the others said.

The head reminds me a little of a burma.