Just found out my husband's Grandfather passed away (long)

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rich's dad just stopped by and said that his grandfather (on his mom's side) passed away this morning. I don't know how to feel. Rich doesn't talk to his mom at all anymore and he hasn't talked to his grandfather in over a year. Rich was very close with him growing up, they were best buddies but as rich got older he grew apart and to make a very long story short since he does not speak with his mother he really couldn't talk to his grandfather anymore because all he would do was try to make him talk to his mom (he has good reason for not talking to her)
Anyway, I feel really bad that rich never got a chance to make a mends with him. I know he really loved him.
Rich's dad asked him to be a pawlbearer (spelling) but me and him both do not go to funerals and he said no. I don't know weither we actually are atleast going to go to the grave site or the viewing. Anyway, I just hope rich doesn't beat himself up too bad, and this is poppop knows that he really ment alot of us

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry... maybe talk to Rich abt it... maybe he might just change his mind

big kat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry Val! Just be there for Rich and open to whatever he needs to do in order to cope and deal with his loss in his own way.

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry..... if he doesn't want to go to the funeral maybe he can send some flowers (a wreath) that way he is showing that he cares without having to go. Sending ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to you both.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Val, I'm so sorry to hear about this. It's really difficult to cope with family estrangements during times like this, so I think the advice to just be there to support hubby is the best advice to follow now. I think the idea of sending a wreath or flowers of some sort to the funeral is a wonderful idea.

I'm so sorry for hubby - I was close to and loved my grandpa so much (also my mom's dad). I think it would have been very difficult if he'd died and we'd been estranged because of my mom. My heart reaches out to you & Rich.

(((((Hugs)))))

Laurie

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so very sorry to hear about Rich's grandfather.