Just Another Day In The Life...

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So, I left for work today with the slightest suspicion that Chilli wasn’t feeling well. She was acting normal, but my cat mom senses were tingling and something told me “hairball....” But by the time I got home, she was fine and had eaten all her food and was zinging around like a happy energetic idiot. I even looked around for barf and checked the litter box—all normal. Great! I figured. She’s totally fine and I was just being paranoid! I love cats!

Hours later, at 2am, absolutely exhausted after a long night of work, I finally turned off the lights and staggered upstairs into the loft, ready to throw myself onto my [freshly laundered] bed and drift off into a blissful sleep...

Luckily I decided to shine my phone flashlight first to make sure the covers were turned down and—lo and behold, not one but FIVE artistic displays of “hairball et kibble” had been loving projectile-vomited across all my blankets, pillows, sheets, comforter and the extra comforter on the floor just in case I was thinking about using that one. I sat there blearily in disbelief for a minute (as one does at 2am) hoping it would magically disappear. Meanwhile Chilli ran upstairs, looked at her masterpiece, looked at me, and went and sat on the one untouched pillow looking like the most innocent angel in the world. She watched with interest while I stripped all the sheets and put down the only remaining clean bedding I have—two scratchy, staticy blankets—and as I finally got, accompanied by static, into bed. She promptly ran over and is now purring, walking all over me, kneading the blankets, refusing to let me sleep, demanding cuddles, and giving me a static shock every single time she touches me. (Meanwhile, from the not-so-distant distance, downstairs in her crate on cage rest, Clove is screaming all the feline curse words she knows at maximum volume).

...My cats sure are lucky they’re so darn cute.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Someone should write an Ode to Hairballs! :) Years ago when I was in grad school and sharing an apartment with a good friend, I had gotten up really early to study. It was still dark out. I was sitting at the dining room table with just the one light on. I could hear my friend clomping down the stairs muttering “Coffee. Must have coffee.” As she trudged through the dark living room toward me, she suddenly shrieked and began to hop around on one foot, cursing. My little kitty, Teddy Bear, had kindly left a hairball nestled lovingly in a stew of food, all of which had squished up between my friend’s bare toes. It woke her up much more quickly than coffee would have done. :devilish: I couldn’t help it. I started to laugh...and couldn’t stop. We both ended up laughing so hard we cried.

You had to be there...

...although you probably have. :)

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
YEP! Been there, done that. I always seemed to find Oliver's with my stockinged or bare feet. So far Theo has not coughed one up.....I am waiting for it. He was pulling out fur for a while and I am sure he swallowed it all! Allergies.......I hope the new food changes this....

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Hahaha! Those hairballs with a dash of kibbles are what I look after in sofas, bed etc. When I was made to lay on it, sit on it, step on it a couple of times - I don’t wanna take any more chances.