TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Non clumping litter.   A couple litters, essentially one in each room they are allowed in too.   Now in the begiinning its enough with this one room.  Being also their safe room.

Kitten-safe everything, as they will search and climb evethwhere in a few days.   Goats milk is better and safer then cow milk.  Even if you have watered it down.

Raw goats milk is excellent, but may be pricey.  Bought bottled or powdered goats milk is good for everyday use or as a supplement.  No funny low fat diet versions thouhg...

I see from the room itself they will have a wonderful home and wonderful human parents!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beardrinksbeer

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the post above did not want to behave or want to be edited - weird

I suppose it is cow's milk, it is watered down thou.  I have long life & powered milk as well

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Sweet little babies!

The trouble with cow's milk is that most cats are lactose intolerant and so it cause diarrhea and this leads to dehydration. Is it possible to get some KMR to supplement their diet? I think you can get it online.

If they are eating wet food and you can't get any goats milk or KMR I think it would be better just to give them water to drink.

beardrinksbeer

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the one I got is skim milk. then I watered it down; they have not touched it yet.  I will put a bowl of water next to the milk

there is no KMR brand sold in Oz, there is only Wombaroo & it is over $40 bucks a kilo

my George used to get most of his moisture from his chook necks & hardly drank, maybe Bonnie & Clyde will be the same

they are sleeping together under the couch; their first night away from mum & they are quiet as

I wonder how long that will last?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the one I got is skim milk. then I watered it down; they have not touched it yet.  I will put a bowl of water next to the milk
there is no KMR brand sold in Oz, there is only Wombaroo & it is over $40 bucks a kilo
my George used to get most of his moisture from his chook necks & hardly drank, maybe Bonnie & Clyde will be the same
they are sleeping together under the couch; their first night away from mum & they are quiet as
I wonder how long that will last?
I would take the milk away. Drinking water is fine. Skim milk has less fat but the same lactose.

They sure are cute!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can use full fat  unflavored unsweetened youghurt - both as supplement and perhaps even for drinking.  You can surely water it down a little.

Better and safer than this skimmed milk.   Also, observe, being kittens they need fat.  so no low fat variations...

And as said, if you can get goats milk, its cheaper than  any kmr, and more or less as good and safe.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's Whiska's treat milk. They should enjoy that. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

beardrinksbeer

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will be out of milk in a few days, can I give them beaten raw egg?

are they old enough for pet mince?

when will they loose their baby teeth?

when will they stop being little menaces?  they are so cute (when they are asleep) 

beardrinksbeer

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I finally had time to check out that link; it does not answer these questions:

I will be out of milk in a few days, can I give them a beaten raw egg?

are they old enough for pet mince?

when will they loose their baby teeth?

Bonnie aged 53 days old

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
if you dont have problems with salomonella in eggs at your place, you can give beaten eggs yes.

Better still is raw egg yolk, beaten or blended with something else, and cooked egg white...

I dont know what pet mince is, but minced meat is good, often used in Sweden.  Avoid raw pig meat, though.

Of course, wet cat food is OK, most dry cat ffoods too - esp these made for kittens.  Unflavored children foods are OK too.  For example those made by Gerber, plain chicken or plain turkey are renown.

As said before, when the milk is used, you can use goats milk or full fat yoghurt.  But they will be old enough to have plain water, if they get food...