Just a Funny Observation 😄

KavKit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anyone else have one cat who does not bury their "mess" in the litter box then the other cat comes along and looks in the box and says "oh no ma'am this will not do" and buries it for them! Lol. My older female is a poop and walk away lady. So her much younger brother comes and cleans up for her. Almost every time.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Jamie never covers his poop. My other cats do. But Jamie is a fastidious cat and when my very old and ill GSD uses his pee pads, which is very frequent as he cannot easily get outside any longer, Jamie runs over and wraps it all up and throws it to the side of the room and then gives me a look like I am some kind of a very bad housekeeper and can't stay on top of things.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a cat that would start pooping in the litter box and then he would just walk out, leaving little poop breadcrumbs. We tried everything but he just wanted to walk while pooping. Usually we have to walk over and pick it up but sometimes Gohan got there first. He would do his best, bury what made it into the box, and then use what he could find to take care of the walkabout poops. He used litter mats, bath mats, spare towels he found. Well meaning but messy. :ohwell:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KavKit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We had a cat that would start pooping in the litter box and then he would just walk out, leaving little poop breadcrumbs. We tried everything but he just wanted to walk while pooping. Usually we have to walk over and pick it up but sometimes Gohan got there first. He would do his best, bury what made it into the box, and then use what he could find to take care of the walkabout poops. He used litter mats, bath mats, spare towels he found. Well meaning but messy. :ohwell:
Mine is a walking vomiter. She voms, then walks a little, voms some more, and so on for a good 4-6 times. So myself and my little guy kitty are following behind like a train. She voms, he comes up and tries to bury it (impossible on tile floors) then I come behind to clean....and so we go. 🤭

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mine is a walking vomiter. She voms, then walks a little, voms some more, and so on for a good 4-6 times. So myself and my little guy kitty are following behind like a train. She voms, he comes up and tries to bury it (impossible on tile floors) then I come behind to clean....and so we go. 🤭
Also in this scenario, I am the 'little brother' - the cleaner. Feeby can't vomit in the same place, so she throws up, moves and throws up again, and then moves yet another time to throw up the finale. But, she can't do this on tile floors - she has to find a carpeted area first. :doh:

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Every. Single. Time.

Morty used to bury his own poo and pee, but since we got Po that doesn't happen anymore. If Po sees Morty going, he perks up and eagerly waits, sometimes even by the litterbox if I don't stop him. The second Morty steps out he steps in to bury it. I've read that both cats not burying their poo/pee and other cats doing it for them can both be shows of dominance.

Back before we got Goose we also had three litterboxes. One with a lid, and two open ones. The one with the lid would only be full of poo, neither cat would pee in it. One of the open ones would only ever have pee, and the other would have a combo. So weird.

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Morty does the same. I think cats in general just don't like vomiting in the same place. Po also does the same thing and tries to bury it....although...if he's really hungry he will try and eat it. I have a super gross story. Morty must have thrown up a hairball under our bed one day and I didn't realize it. It's a king bed that we store a ton of stuff under, so it's hard to catch sometimes. Well, Po has been on a diet since we adopted him (the shelter actually named him Tubby Wubby) so he's always looking for food. One day I was on the bed and heard a *crunch crunch*. Po was eating an old, dried up Morty hairball!! It got stuck in his mouth too as I chased him around trying to grab it. I wanted to vomit after that. 🤮