June Bug Gets A Harness

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our new kitten June Bug loves exploring outside. We thought best to get her familiar with a harness as early as possible.......

We went to Pet Smart and bought the smallest we could find: a kitten harness from "Grreat Choice." I adjusted it as small as it would go but....

too much harness and not enough kitten....

At first June Bug was a bit puzzled and tried to bite the harness, but there were too many interesting things to see and do outside...

June Bug completely forget about the harness....

Given how much she eats and how fast she is growing I suspect the harness will fit fine in a week or two.

Surprisingly, the floppy oversized harness didn't seem to slow her down at all; she was used to it in no time. Will try a lead in a few weeks. Currently she stays with 10-15 feet of us at all times.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
June Bug is soooooo cute. And, yes, I imagine she'll grow into, and out of, that harness in no time.

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
June Bug is absolutely adorable in that harness!It is the best idea to get her used to it and to follow up with a lead!I walk my kitty on a leash and harness and would never allow him out without me or it!Keeping her safe from traffic or other things will provide you with peace of mind.She is so beautiful! Post more pics as she grows.Enjoy every minute of her!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought the same harness (in pink) for the 12 week old kitten I brought home. She outgrew it by 14 weeks.

Looks like June Bug will get quite a bit more mileage out of hers! :lovecat:

She sure is livin' and lovin' the good life with you and your wife. :kneading:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe try a ferret harness for now!
So cute!
That is a great idea! Thankfully she has adapted to this harness, but if she has problems we will get her a ferret harness.

I bought the same harness (in pink) for the 12 week old kitten I brought home. She outgrew it by 14 weeks. Looks like June Bug will get quite a bit more mileage out of hers! :lovecat:she sure is livin' and lovin' the good life with you and your wife. :kneading:
LOL - I guess we might get 6 weeks or so out of this one then. Given how much June Bug eats and how fast she is growing that makes sense.

Oh so cute! Is she out of quarantine yet? Thanks for the update :redheartpump::hearthrob:
Vet said 60 days, seems like a long time. I checked the literature to see why - turns out it can take that long for the cats immune system to produce the FIV antibodies - and that is what the test measures for. So we really do need to wait that long. Additionally, given June Bug's feral cat history she has a higher probability of disease. 53 days to go : ( I feel bad for her, but we won't risk exposing our other two cats. So.... we get June Bug out to play quite a bit and she sure seems happy enough.

Thank you for all the kind comments... She is a cute kitten. We love to watch her racing and playing - her antics have us laughing all the time.