June 7 Is National Donut Day

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Count me in! I love donuts of all kinds.

The last time we tried DD they were dreadful. I don't know what went wrong but they were so bad we tossed them. We have a chain called Shipley's that makes a pretty good sinker.

There's only one Krispy Kreme in this enormous city and it's where the rich people live. That's nowhere close to where I live.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's only a Dunkin near work. They're offering classic donuts like powdered and plain with purchase of any beverage. Some of the independent donut stores have specialty donuts available or a buy one dozen get half a dozen special.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a Dunkin as well so I'm thinking of making a complete pug of myself and get two Krispy Creme glazed and two strawberry frosted with sprinkles from Dunkin, or maybe more because this day only comes once a year. :clap:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My apologies LTS3 LTS3 I didn't realize that you had started a thread about Donut Day before I did my QoTD! I'm sorry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's ok :wave3:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was just in Dunkin yesterday and I don't know if I can convince myself to get dressed and go out just to get a free donut with my coffee. :paperbag: I think I actually want the coffee more than the donut at the moment. That's almost odd. :think: If my kids knew they'd be all over it. :lol: One place does a free coffee day and the lines get ridiculous. There is only one place I'll happily stand in line and that's at Disney. :crazy: Our closest Dunkin only has about 10 parking spaces too.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
So I got my fix yesterday. Two from Krispy Creme and two from Dunkin.
Soooo good.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was just in Dunkin yesterday and I don't know if I can convince myself to get dressed and go out just to get a free donut with my coffee. :paperbag: I think I actually want the coffee more than the donut at the moment. That's almost odd. :think: If my kids knew they'd be all over it. :lol: One place does a free coffee day and the lines get ridiculous. There is only one place I'll happily stand in line and that's at Disney. :crazy: Our closest Dunkin only has about 10 parking spaces too.
Same here. I couldn't care less about the donuts there. I go to DD at least 3-4 times a week and never get a donut. I get their dark roast coffee. If I want food I get their hash browns which are SO good. I can get 2 packs of them for the same amount of calories or less than a donut. They bake the hash browns. Probably in a commercial convection oven. Have I mentioned how good they are? :hyper:

I never go into the store. I use the app to place my order then pick it up at the drive through. I have a gift card that I have on the app that I reload when it gets low on fundage. They offer rewards for every order you place through your account and have deals that are only available through the app. You get a coupon for a free beverage at 200 points which is easy to do. I order, go to the drive through window, they hand me my order and I leave. It's all done. Paid in advance. Quick and easy.

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have both a Krispy Kreme and a Dunkin Donuts pretty close to our home.
Dunkin Donuts stores are pretty plain. But, at Krispy Kreme you can watch the donuts being made. They float down the river and pass under what I call the sugar waterfall.:yummy:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have both a Krispy Kreme and a Dunkin Donuts pretty close to our home.
Dunkin Donuts stores are pretty plain. But, at Krispy Kreme you can watch the donuts being made. They float down the river and pass under what I call the sugar waterfall.:yummy:
Yeah. DD does not make their doughnuts in store anymore. They get them frozen. Pre filled and everything. Does anyone else remember this commercial?

They used to be fresh and good. I used to have a major sweet tooth and loved their doughnuts. Now I don't really have a sweet tooth anymore and I'm glad because a lot of things I used to love aren't made made the same way they used to be. Hey Hershey's chocolate I'm talking to YOU too. :ohwell: