June 2023 Book of the Month ClubTell The Wolves I'm Home

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Back in March we carried out a vote of three books. Two books were tied with the same number of votes, Shutter Island which is this month's read and Tell The Wolves I'm Home. This book is the club choice for June 2023.
Tell the Wolves I'm Home

All are welcome to join in, those who are regular readers, those who dip in and out and any new members that would like to read the book.

We start reading on 1st June 2023 so hopefully it will give those who wish to join in plenty of time to get a copy.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered this book secondhand together with a copy of "Shutter Island", the club choice for May. For me, it was an easier book to get interested in than Shutter Island - so I finished it 3 months in advance! :)
Now, back to page 66 of Shutter Island! :read:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My library loan for this e-book came up today, so I had to borrow it, as there's others waiting for it. I have it for 3 weeks, so have a bit of time before I have to start it.

Per Goodreads, this is "an emotionally charged coming-of-age novel" with 49,543 5-star ratings. So hopefully we'll all agree. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
310 (1).jpg

Its the 1st of June and time to start reading our chosen book of the month.
Tell the Wolves I'm Home
This book by Carol Rifka Brunt was joint winner in the poll held in march.

Reading time is from 1st to 21st June with discussion from 22nd to 28th June.

We hope both regular and new readers will join us and enjoy the book.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Here's the link to buy on Amazon, if anyone needs it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005QPI9ZW/?tag=thecatsite

And, btw, yesterday I was looking at the thread from 2019 when we were first thinking about starting a book club, and noticed that this book was one that MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 suggested as a possible read. Just a coincidence that we picked it now, but good to know it came recommended by someone who works in a library, so knows all about books.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I forgot that I had already borrowed "Tell The Wolves I'm Home", so guess I better start reading it, as I'm down to 9 days in my 21 day loan.