June 2022 Book Of the Month Club - And Then There Were None

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finished it a few days ago. I started slowly, reading just before falling asleep, and getting the characters all mixed up! Suddenly, it became exciting and I had to see how it all came together.
For those who refuse to read murder stories, this one is not so much about the horrors of murder and being killed - more an intellectual game - how can that happen? Unlike most murder stories, the writing is not intended to affect one emotionally and there are no gory details. Try it!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree completely with your spoiler comments, gilmargl gilmargl .

And, BTW, to anyone contemplating reading the book, the spoiler isn't really a spoiler, just comments about the writing style of the book. So don't worry about reading the spoiler, as the "whodunnit" is not revealed. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Screenshot_2022-06-22-05-47-01-00_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.png

Here we are again, the 22nd of the month and its discussion time. Hope you had a chance to read this months book and will post your thoughts here. As usual discussion time is until 28th of the month, look forward to reading them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This was my first Agatha Christie book but it won't be my last.

At first I found the style of writing a little strange but I imagine that was the norm for the time the book was written or just Christies style of writing.

I got caught up in the atmosphere of the book, each person suspecting the other, small groups forming, all that conspiracy but I couldn't work out who it could be or why.

Halfway through the book I thought that maybe there was someone else on the island hiding in a priest hole or secret tunnel. I wondered if they were part of a jury that condemned someone to death but then they would have recognized at least some of the group.

Cleverly written, I didn't suspect Wargrave to be the killer and then kill himself.

Did anyone else have any theories?

I give this book ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐