June 2022 Book Of the Month Club - And Then There Were None

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1650726620611.png

The chosen book for June 2022 was written way back in 1939 by Agatha Christie entitled And Then There Were None.
1650726692316.png

And Then There Were None
1939. Europe teeters on the brink of war. Ten strangers are invited to Soldier Island, an isolated rock near the Devon coast. Cut off from the mainland, with their generous hosts Mr and Mrs U.N. Owen mysteriously absent, they are each accused of a terrible crime. When one of the party dies suddenly they realise they may be harbouring a murderer among their number.

The tension escalates as the survivors realise the killer is not only among them but is preparing to strike again… and again.

It has been given 4.27 stars on Goodreads.

We will be reading between 1st June to 21st June with discussions starting 22nd June.

Hopefully the book will be available to you from your local library to collect or download but if not, it is available to read online.
Read And Then There Were None The free online novel

If this book appeals to you, please join in, all are welcome.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Happy reading.

Last edited:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will certainly join in - I've no doubt read the book but a very long time ago when a holiday was not a holiday without a dozen or so easy-to-read paperbacks. After breakfast I would find a shady spot (near the swimming pool) and my daughters would be playing with new-found friends. Afternoons we would normally do some sightseeimg or visit a beach.

But my mornings with Agatha Christie were never to be forgotten. She was a real favourite for me almost 50 years ago!

Is it really so long ago?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't believe I've ever read anything by Agatha Christie. So looking forward to reading And Then There Were None, which Google tells me is her "best-selling novel, with 100 million sales to date, making it the world's best-selling mystery ever, and one of the best-selling books of all time".

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't believe I've ever read anything by Agatha Christie. So looking forward to reading And Then There Were None, which Google tells me is her "best-selling novel, with 100 million sales to date, making it the world's best-selling mystery ever, and one of the best-selling books of all time".
Ahhh I read this when in junior high school! Loved it. The copy I had was called "Ten Little Indians." The title was changed to "And Then There Were None" on first release in the US and at some point was released as "Ten Little Indians" in the US, as the original book in the UK was titled "Ten Little (N-word)" whenever it was published there. That was also changed, thankfully.
I loved Agatha Christie and read a lot of them. Never could figure out the murderer!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I watched a TV adaptation of it a few years and realized I had never read it so I also then read the book. Love Agatha Christie and have read all of the Miss Marples, Hercule Poirots, and Tommy and Tuppences!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I watched a TV adaptation of it a few years and realized I had never read it so I also then read the book. Love Agatha Christie and have read all of the Miss Marples, Hercule Poirots, and Tommy and Tuppences!
Hope you're going to join in and read it again.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Over my life I think I've probably read all of her books. The most recent was one I also read ages ago.. one of Audible's cheapy offers: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. Even though they're pretty dated books, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only read one of Agatha Christie's books. There was a waiting list for most of her books and I chose one that was available. Perhaps there is a reason it was available. It was short stories all on the same theme and it got repetitive. I did not finish it. I'm looking forward to reading this one. I've seen more than a few movies based on her books!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1654072039144.png

Another month has whizzed by and so its time to put our thinking caps on and solve whodunnit. We hope our regular readers will join in as well as some new readers to the club, everyone is welcome, the more the merrier. Happy Reading.

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh... I wonder who chewed the shoe. I'd guess the canine, but the feline on the right looks a little guilty. :lol:

Onto grownup Agatha Christie's stories, my loan for And Then There Were None came up already, so after I finish the book I'm currently reading, I'll be starting it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm 42% through on a Kindle copy I got from my local library. It's a quick read.
Good to know it's a fast read, as I already have it borrowed from the library, along with 2 other books that came available at the same time. I may be doing nothing but gardening and reading for a while. :lol:

Are you enjoying Then There Were None, Boris Diamond Boris Diamond ?