Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We’re back to thrillers for June, and we’ve decided to read one by British author, Ruth Ware. Out of her 6 books, we’ve narrowed the choice down to either The Death of Mrs. Westaway or The Woman in Cabin 10. So we’re having a poll to let our fellow readers decide which one will be the book club choice for June 2021.

The poll will run for 7 days, giving everyone time to vote, and then time to acquire the book by June.

Votes are anonymous, so no one will know who voted, or which book they voted for. Voting does not commit you to reading the book, but we hope you will, as the more readers, the better.

Here are the descriptions for the 2 books.

The Death of Mrs. Westaway - published in 2018
1619873300605.png

The Woman in Cabin 10 - published in 2016
1619873155830.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not going to vote, because I will definitely read whichever one people decide and, if it's good, I'll read the second choice, too! So, you can't lose, even if I don't vote! :)
You can still vote in the poll, though. In fact, you should vote, so you can have your say. :)

1619904455545.png

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just bumping this to say...

1620225108874.png

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hope everyone who was planning to remembered to vote, as the poll is now closed.

1620483071141.png

1620483162860.png

We will be reading it between June 1st and June 21st
Discussion will begin June 22nd

Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote. Hope we'll see you in June.

As always, everyone is invited to read along with us. You can RSVP that you're going to read it, by posting in this thread.

The book can be purchased at Amazon:
The Death of Mrs. Westaway
Reader reviews can be read at Goodreads: The Death of Mrs. Westaway

I think that covers everything, however, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh missed the poll by a long shot! I have to remember to check on the next month. I've read Mrs. Westaway and another couple of Ruth Ware books. I think I'll be re-reading it. It's available at the library.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh missed the poll by a long shot! I have to remember to check on the next month.
We're already chosen a book for July, so there won't be poll this time. We'll probably have another one, though, in a couple months or so.

I've read Mrs. Westaway and another couple of Ruth Ware books. I think I'll be re-reading it. It's available at the library.
I've never read anything by Ruth Ware, so looking forward to Mrs. Westaway. I did, however, vote for Cabin 10 as it sounded more interesting to me, so I'll probably read it on my own sometime.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
We're already chosen a book for July, so there won't be poll this time. We'll probably have another one, though, in a couple months or so.

I've never read anything by Ruth Ware, so looking forward to Mrs. Westaway. I did, however, vote for Cabin 10 as it sounded more interesting to me, so I'll probably read it on my own sometime.
I plan to read that one too, haven’t read it yet.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just read "The Woman in Cabin 10". My humble opinion is:
Did not think much of the main character; the ending was strange leaving unanswered questions, so 👎
I also started "The Lying Game" but, by page 33 of 446, the main character is already getting on my nerves. I don't think I'll read any further.