Contest June 2019 Picture Of The Month: Cat's Whiskers!

Marts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
golondrina golondrina - thank you for you comment Bruce's whiskers really are very long and when he gives you head bumps or when I get my wake up call from him I normally end up with a face full of whiskers I was hoping he would grow into them as he did look a bit unreal as a kitten and he almost did but not quite.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Thank you also, they really are something else I have never seen a kitten with such long whiskers although TobiDaDog TobiDaDog and Reese also has some seriously long whiskers, very impressive.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Such beautiful whiskers on all of these beautiful kitties! I will admit I have a hard time photographing the length of Reese's whiskers and when I do I only get one side...her light colored coat/whatever the background is ends up washing everything out. It helps to set light whiskers up against a dark background! (Like my leather couch)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My baby girl Aretha

Does anyone know where I could get some “Just for Cats”?
Hi A arethas mom ! If you're wanting NATURE'S MIRACLE-JUST FOR CATS, you might try petco.com or your local Petco bricks and mortar store. That's where I always buy mine. If those don't work, try googling the product name and you may find a lot of sources. Good luck!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard with an orange cat too. :lovecat2: I've been following Ruby around and taking pictures of her, but none are turning out well enough to submit. :(
It can be hard when you need that "perfect shot" and HRH is not cooperating 100%. There have been so MANY missed photo ops here because someone strikes the perfect pose and the phone's in the other room. :sigh:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I give up! I’m never going to get the perfect shot, and the competition is just too stiff. So here we go: Lily’s white whiskers, black whiskers, and half white/half black whiskers.

Entry: Lily
0107E8AF-3A74-4A8E-BC70-E504B4303A37.jpeg

And another one just because. (Not an entry...although I had a terrible time deciding between the two.)
1EC021AB-FA26-41BA-8A8F-93630E0DCE2E.jpeg

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know..I have a white cat...
It's hard with an orange cat too. :lovecat2: I've been following Ruby around and taking pictures of her, but none are turning out well enough to submit. :(
I know a way to get a picture of Casper's whiskers, even though he's an all-white cat.

I can shoot him with black and white film, making sure the light is coming from behind.
With proper lighting and exposure, I can get enough contrast and detail to make his whiskers "pop."

I've got all the stuff to do it. I have my own darkroom in the basement.
It's just finding the time to do it... :(

rubysmama rubysmama ... Remember that the only bad photograph is the one you didn't take. ;)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama ... Remember that the only bad photograph is the one you didn't take. ;)
Yeah, but you haven't seen some of the ones I've taken and quickly deleted. :D

I do think I need a new camera, as I'm certain some phones take better pictures. Not my phone though. Course it's almost as old as my camera. ;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, but you haven't seen some of the ones I've taken and quickly deleted. :D

I do think I need a new camera, as I'm certain some phones take better pictures. Not my phone though. Course it's almost as old as my camera. ;)
Ruby's gorgeous, and I'm pretty sure you can get a good picture of her showing off her whiskers. ;):winkcat: