July 2021 book of the month club

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
As I posted yesterday, I haven't been reading much. Too much gardening !!! 👩‍🌾
But just checked, and I've only 9 days left on my loan, so guess I better set aside some reading time. :read:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Read up to the end of chapter fourteen yesterday. And then had the
song Waltzing Matilda stuck in my head.

1625739400292.png

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Knowing my loan will be up soon, motivated me, so I've read a lot the last couple of days.

About to start Book Six - page 178 of 254, so should finish before the e-book goes "poof".

so saddened when Nyima was lost in the avalanche. :(

Laughed though at the border guard earlier on, who was difficult until he was offered the bribery of gifts, and then wanted pretty much everything they were wearing. :lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just a few chapters to go now. Will finish today, for sure.

Who else is reading? And how far along have you gotten?

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm at chapter 42. I have read some about this author, Jeffrey Archer. 54 million somehow disappeared from a charity he sponsored. In 2001, he was imprisoned for perjury and perverting the course of justice in connection with a trial he had in 1987. He flirted with the law over several African coups, too. He deceived people over his family. And he is a champion of British superiority. I am not condemning him for his life - it is a tough world out there and we have to make our way through it as best we can. But I am having trouble accepting his conclusions in this book as being non-biased.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He served 4 years in Belmarsh Prison, London, a high security prison for the perjury but didn't waste his time there, wrote 3 books..The Prison Diaries and made a lot of money from them. Whilst I don't like him as a person, I can't deny he writes a good book.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hope you made some notes. I will start it in a week otherwise I will forget a lot of the detail.
Yeah, I really need to make notes, or just write my review in Word, and save the file till I'm ready to post it here. Otherwise, I'll forget everything I wanted to mention.

And, wow, on the author's life. Different, but almost as disturbing as Anne Perry.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m just starting so I don’t forget what I read. I read about his life too awhile back. Not a wonderful person, but I read another book by him and enjoyed it. Not fond of JK Rowling either but sure loved Harry Potter!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finished a few days ago. The book was well written and a satisfying read. It did leave me with a few questions.
Discussion starts day after tomorrow, so maybe we can answer your questions, and if not, certainly we can discuss them. :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hope everyone still reading Paths of Glory will be done soon, as discussion time starts tomorrow. :compsurfing:

While you finish up and/or gather your thoughts on the book, if you haven't yet voted in the poll for the genre for September's book, maybe you can do it now. Here's the thread: Book of the Month Poll for September 2021 - Genre, you decide