Jigsaws

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a good photo! This puzzle, 1000 pieces, took an eternity to finish. I can't pretend I contributed much - spent most of my time staring at the picture on the box answering questions such as "Which other cat has got white legs?", "I've got a ginger tail, but all the ginger kittens are finished!" And naturally searching on the floor for the last piece.
Kitten Puzzle (2).jpg

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I've been away from home for two months in jigsaw-free zones... I picked this one up on the trip back. 500 pieces, really easy and very enjoyable.. Women artists from all over the world.

jigsaw.jpg

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have any tips for keeping helping paws away? Jumanji can never help herself, I swear. Haven’t touched a puzzle in months because I worry she’ll eat a piece if I get too distracted.
86EC721C-AC28-4D95-A05F-43048C6343D4.jpeg BD1E6A5C-ED1B-4A3A-A467-741BFC5F59F4.jpeg

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Does anyone have any tips for keeping helping paws away? Jumanji can never help herself, I swear. Haven’t touched a puzzle in months because I worry she’ll eat a piece if I get too distracted.
View attachment 375780View attachment 375781
I do mine on a home made board, put in on a table that's not too accessible while I'm doing it, and cover it when I'm not. :)

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I do mine on a home made board, put in on a table that's not too accessible while I'm doing it, and cover it when I'm not. :)
I’ll have to look into getting some kind of board to put my rug on. If Jum is curious enough, pretty much any surface is accessible to her, though she doesn’t like going on the ledge I groom her on, so that could be an easier solution, if Chip doesn’t get any ideas haha.
Thank you!

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
This one took a long time. Also a certain boy cat ran rampant and scattered it at one stage (he normally respects the jigsaw) and there is one piece missing :(

jigsaw.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This one took a long time. Also a certain boy cat ran rampant and scattered it at one stage (he normally respects the jigsaw) and there is one piece missing :(
That does look like it would take a while. Beautiful though. As for the missing piece, have you checked under the fridge? That's where all Ruby's "toys" seem to end up.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
That does look like it would take a while. Beautiful though. As for the missing piece, have you checked under the fridge? That's where all Ruby's "toys" seem to end up.
It was in the bedroom at the time (it travels around). I've checked under absolutely everything. :(

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It was in the bedroom at the time (it travels around). I've checked under absolutely everything. :(
I have found a missing puzzle piece in the dishwasher, unfortunately after the wash cycle . Apparently it stuck to the bottom of a plate or bowl . I have also found pieces in my shoes, down the back of the dining room chairs, in my bedroom (probably was up a shirt sleeve) and stuck to the bottom of my sorter trays.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
I have found a missing puzzle piece in the dishwasher, unfortunately after the wash cycle . Apparently it stuck to the bottom of a plate or bowl . I have also found pieces in my shoes, down the back of the dining room chairs, in my bedroom (probably was up a shirt sleeve) and stuck to the bottom of my sorter trays.
Yes, this time I'm not going to move the puzzle on, but hold on in case the piece turns up, as any of those could well happen.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen some really unique pictures about, but quite often it's a place that wants to create quirky puzzles but they just get them cut in the very basic way, so that all the pieces are the same or there's only a couple of variations. :(
I agree. Cut can make a big difference in whether the puzzle is fun or not. I won’t do ones where all the pieces are the same.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
This one is a keeper.. I normally only do them once but this one was such fun ... whimsical .. and just the right amount of ease/difficulty.
Not a good photo ..

jigsaw.jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes mani mani , that is exactly my type of image for a puzzle. Wonderful. Who is the maker? I am finishing up and will post one in the next week or so that you might like.