Jigsaws

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Groovy Records done. It took forever to assemble because it had so many patterned parts and I thought I might have to just throw a table cloth right over it to serve Thanksgiving dinner. But fortunately once the main patterns were completed the fill in went very quickly.
View attachment 359699
That's why I always do them on a board... an immobile jigsaw is a bit of a worry in this house as I have such limited space.

It looks great! A lot harder than you'd think.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve recently started a 1000 piece puzzle that will take me a year to finish. :lol: It’s been a long time since I’ve worked on a jigsaw.

View attachment 360651

Soooo...I didn’t really need another one. But I couldn’t resist the black cat. :dancingblackcat:

View attachment 360652
You are right, that first puzzle looks really really hard. Second one looks like it will be fun to complete.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Love it betsygee betsygee ! What brand is it?
Also that first one is one I'd accidentally lose down the back of the cupboard.. I'm definitely not a difficult jigwas person. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn’t lose it mani mani but whether I would actually end up finishing it is the question. Although when you have the pieces laid out in good light there might be enough subtle differences that it would be a little less difficult than it initially looks.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes you're probably right susanm9006 susanm9006 . I have been known to find the ones I'd decided were too hard, and just persevered, and it is rewarding. :) And it's rather a fun puzzle.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
That one does look hard, mani mani . And it is one of those puzzles where each piece is almost identical, which makes it even harder.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I wouldn’t lose it mani mani but whether I would actually end up finishing it is the question. Although when you have the pieces laid out in good light there might be enough subtle differences that it would be a little less difficult than it initially looks.
The problem is good light, for sure. I've brought out a floor lamp to shed some more light on the subject. 😁 The greens and blues are so similar it's tough to distinguish them. I have the border done and several chunks with distinctive patterns or colors. It's slow going, for sure.

The black cat is from genuinefred.com

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For many reasons, I have not managed to start a new puzzle till 3 days ago. The good news: it was easy once I'd completed the outside (I've now been told that for most modern puzzles it's not really advantageous to separate the pieces). The bad news: it will be difficult to break it up, without damaging it, so either hang it up or bin it! It is 500 pieces, I needed a magnifying glass to read the text, but used the poster to help me. It was a solo effort, meaning it wasn't as much fun as when there are other people to help, gossip and drink a cup of coffee.
CIMG6905.JPG

We have a second, similar puzzle "The Beer Lover's Jigsaw Puzzle". Perhaps I'll have a go at that.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
I decided to do all my teensy jigsaws. The 40 piece wooden ones are so lovely, with the pieces shaped to suit the artwork.

jigsaws.JPG

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I’ve recently started a 1000 piece puzzle that will take me a year to finish. :lol: It’s been a long time since I’ve worked on a jigsaw.

View attachment 360651

Soooo...I didn’t really need another one. But I couldn’t resist the black cat. :dancingblackcat:

View attachment 360652
So....I gave up on the Ocean Commotion puzzle. Way too much like work. :lol: I sent it to my sister who LOVES jigsaws and she and her hubby had it done in a week!

IMG_0861.JPG

I managed to finish the cat one.

IMG_0863.jpeg