Jigsaws

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen that before! It's beautiful! I wouldn't want it as a dining table because of crumbs. But maybe a craft/game table in another room. I guess if you are quick with puzzles crumbs might not be an issue.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen that before! It's beautiful! I wouldn't want it as a dining table because of crumbs. But maybe a craft/game table in another room. I guess if you are quick with puzzles crumbs might not be an issue.
I just picture spilling milk or a beverage and having it drip down onto the puzzle...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Started a new puzzle today of antique advertising pencils. It’s an easy one that I am hoping to get done by next week so I can start something totally engrossing on election day and the aftermath.
Post-election jigsaws.. what a good idea :D
I've just started a very cat orientated one.. fancy that! :biggrin:

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Just finished a 750 piece puzzle of spilled milk with a tabby cat. Left the cat for last. The final 50 pieces of shades of brown were the hardest part of the whole puzzle.
I think it will be a while before I do another tabby.
:lol: I know that feeling...

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We eventually finished the 2000-piece Neuschwanstein Castle.The first half was quite easy (sky, sun and central part of the castle and towers) but then we came unstuck - too many misty blue, grey, green, white, brown, yellow and orange pieces which could have gone anywhere. But, we finished it at the weekend and it's waiting to be broken up, put back in its box and returned to its owner. I wonder if it will ever get made up again. It's been completed twice now and some of the pieces are already rather battered - when put in the wrong place they were sometimes very difficult to separate. We will certainly not try it a second time. But, it provided a peaceful occupation except when Meghan, the cat, joined in and scattered pieces onto the floor. She is the only cat who likes the hobby room in the basement so, I suppose, we should be grateful that we only had her to contend with.

Standing on the floor, I couldn't photograph the whole jigsaw - it was too wide and none of the chairs in the basement are suitable for use as a climbing frame!
Done!
Puzzle.JPG

ZombieTiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My friend posted this on facebook. I feel like the creator must have cats.

View attachment 356384

I love our dining room table, but I kind of want one for the basement, maybe.
Holy wow, that would be great as a craft table.

There's jigsaw puzzle websites and jigsaw apps now too, in case anyone didn't know.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It beautiful gilmargl gilmargl but I can see where it would be a huge challenge, especially the lower portion.

Haven’t gotten far enough along to post a pic but I am working on a Springbok puzzle, Groovy Record Shop which is turning out to be a fun puzzle because it has all these concert posters from the 60’s in it, and lots of psychedelic colors of course.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven’t gotten far enough along to post a pic but I am working on a Springbok puzzle, Groovy Record Shop which is turning out to be a fun puzzle because it has all these concert posters from the 60’s in it, and lots of psychedelic colors of course.
Well, that would be an interesting topic for me too! I imagine my next attempt will be a smaller jigsaw with well-defined objects.
Looking forward to seeing your pic!

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Well done gilmargl gilmargl ! 2000 pieces and not at all easy. :worship:

susanm9006 susanm9006 I've had my eye on that one.. so many memories...

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Groovy Records done. It took forever to assemble because it had so many patterned parts and I thought I might have to just throw a table cloth right over it to serve Thanksgiving dinner. But fortunately once the main patterns were completed the fill in went very quickly.
C97C05F2-248B-4F17-9F4A-A242DBC4EEF1.jpeg