Jigsaws

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My kids are making progress on a jigsaw. Its cute and made for families. It has 3 different size pieces so you can work on whatever level you are at. I haven’t helped except to give a few suggestions on working through it. Its 400 pieces total. DD has done most of the work. DS just got interested.

08EB0BE3-8067-432E-8E91-0A8C37EAAAA5.jpeg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally done but in the end after reassembling all of the squares twice, I had to cheat and look at the picture. Turned out I had two sections of edge in the wrong spot. Easy to do because it is made so that every set of three edge pieces is identical in shape and color.

It is a wonderful puzzle but frustrating at the end. If anyone want to take a shot at this unique puzzle I would be happy to send it.

411CAC9F-4ED9-44EB-B769-B528BDA434DF.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! How many pieces was that one? I should see if my bff has done that one. I googled it. Its fun finding ones that look hard and try to stump her. It never works. :lol:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Finished! This is the first jigsaw puzzle Rick and I have put together. I think it took about three weeks, but we didn't work on it every day. I finished it this morning. Going to take it apart and start one of our Halloween puzzles! This was a 750-piece.
It's nice working on it in the she shed. We don't have to worry about the cats and can just walk away when we're ready to stop working.

KitchenKittensPuzzle.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow.. haven't dropped in for a while and all these jigsaws completed!
susanm9006 susanm9006 I love the look of that one.. really quite different.
Lari Lari I've done that one twice as I like it so much.. it's fun.
Winchester Winchester what a great thing to do in 'the shed'! (I just can't call it that without the inverted commas).:lol:
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles how good that the kids are into it. It's such a gentle pastime. :)

And, just completed.. a very non-Queensland subject, and a lot of fun to do.
jigsaw.JPG

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And, just completed.. a very non-Queensland subject, and a lot of fun to do.
When I was there, everything was labeled 'Tropical North Queensland' to the point I was convinced that was the full official name. :lol:

I need to start a new puzzle. I have a thousand piece Hallmark (I think), puzzle I've been excited to do.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
When I was there, everything was labeled 'Tropical North Queensland' to the point I was convinced that was the full official name. :lol:
That sort of is the name. :) It's a big state. I'm in South East Queensland. Then there's North Qld and Far North Qld. I'm not sure what was named 'tropical' when you were here, but it's pretty correct as Qld goes from sub-tropical, where I am, to tropical.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That reminds me of Where's Waldo mani mani ! My kids love those books and I always have too. DS has always liked puzzles (from block puzzles, to mazes, hidden pictures...) so I'm glad to see them taking an interest in real jigsaws too. Not just kindle games. Doing it together is even better. I should look around for more puzzles from that line with the different size pieces.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sort of is the name. :) It's a big state. I'm in South East Queensland. Then there's North Qld and Far North Qld. I'm not sure what was named 'tropical' when you were here, but it's pretty correct as Qld goes from sub-tropical, where I am, to tropical.
I feel like it was on signs in the Cairns airport and on the pamphlets and stuff in our hotel. I definitely remember seeing it in print!

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Looks like a fun cartoony one Lari Lari :)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just did most of a corner. There's still a lot of pieces, so it's hard to find all the ones I'm looking for. I'm thinking either the stripes on the left or that yellow on the bottom will be the next set of pieces I look for.

1003202020.jpg