Jigsaws

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
One thing to point out for those who don’t complete puzzles often - the shape of the pieces, not just the image, really makes a big difference in how difficult a puzzle is to complete. If you look at Lari’s, with all the pieces cut in squares of the approximate same size and the whole puzzle cut in rows, and then compare it to the puzzle I am working on where every piece is different and the whole puzzle has no pattern to how it was cut. Even if we had identical images, Lari’s would have been much much more difficult to complete. If you aren’t familiar with puzzle manufacturers then you want to be sure to look at the back of the puzzle box to see the shape of pieces from this maker. I personally like pieces of different shapes, so buy most often from Buffalo Games, Springbok or White Mountain.
Yes, very much the case. This site is pretty good:
although some very good brands are missing (and not so good ones)
For example, I've done some eeboo puzzles and they are excellent quality. Flame Tree are supposed to be excellent and in many ways they are, except that the pieces are very regular, and the box is square and only shows a part of the picture.

Finished my dragon lady puzzle. The brown dress was so hard!

View attachment 331964
Wow, that would have been.. well done! :clap:

Wow, gorgeous!

I started a 300 piece I got from a school that was closing that my coworkers and I were allowed to raid (it's where I got the puzzle keeper, too). I'll probably finish tomorrow. Nice and easy.

View attachment 331965
It's fun to do something with not so many pieces.. nice and relaxing. :)

AbbysMom AbbysMom online jigsaw puzzles are better than no jigsaw puzzles.. :thumbsup:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Casablanca puzzle was a Ravensburger, for the record!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Done easily!

0428201454.jpg

I think my next one will be a 1000 piece I picked up used at a library when I attempted to teach there. I have some I haven't done yet, but I'm going to be doing puzzles for a while, so the 10 year old redo is less exciting so I'll do it first.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Done easily!

View attachment 332096

I think my next one will be a 1000 piece I picked up used at a library when I attempted to teach there. I have some I haven't done yet, but I'm going to be doing puzzles for a while, so the 10 year old redo is less exciting so I'll do it first.
Awwww, that's adorable!!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have barely worked on mine in the last few days because of projects but it is cold and rainy today so I may bet more done.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Looks like a good one Lari Lari ... very irregular pieces! I can see a basket.. it might involve cats? (don't show us.. it's fun to see it unfold :))

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Ha! I see a chook... :)