Jigsaws

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s looking great, Lari Lari . I didn’t post an update because I spent the whole day, or maybe it has been two, without making any real progress. One of those puzzles that starts out easy but gets harder.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It’s looking great, Lari Lari . I didn’t post an update because I spent the whole day, or maybe it has been two, without making any real progress. One of those puzzles that starts out easy but gets harder.
Oh I've got one of those too. :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! But I think I'm going to do an easier one as a bit of a break. It was a great challenge, though! I'm kind of sad at the idea of taking it apart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Well done Lari Lari ! :cheerleader:
That was a hard one.. you did well.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
One thing to point out for those who don’t complete puzzles often - the shape of the pieces, not just the image, really makes a big difference in how difficult a puzzle is to complete. If you look at Lari’s, with all the pieces cut in squares of the approximate same size and the whole puzzle cut in rows, and then compare it to the puzzle I am working on where every piece is different and the whole puzzle has no pattern to how it was cut. Even if we had identical images, Lari’s would have been much much more difficult to complete. If you aren’t familiar with puzzle manufacturers then you want to be sure to look at the back of the puzzle box to see the shape of pieces from this maker. I personally like pieces of different shapes, so buy most often from Buffalo Games, Springbok or White Mountain.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! Confession time: neither my husband nor I had ever actually seen Casablanca from start to finish, so we watched it last night to go with my puzzle finish. Great movie!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
One thing to point out for those who don’t complete puzzles often - the shape of the pieces, not just the image, really makes a big difference in how difficult a puzzle is to complete. If you look at Lari’s, with all the pieces cut in squares of the approximate same size and the whole puzzle cut in rows, and then compare it to the puzzle I am working on where every piece is different and the whole puzzle has no pattern to how it was cut. Even if we had identical images, Lari’s would have been much much more difficult to complete. If you aren’t familiar with puzzle manufacturers then you want to be sure to look at the back of the puzzle box to see the shape of pieces from this maker. I personally like pieces of different shapes, so buy most often from Buffalo Games, Springbok or White Mountain.
I think Cobble Hill and Euro Graphics use the random cut pieces.