Jigsaws

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was why I ended up getting a Ravensburger puzzle store case and trays for pieces so I could stow everything away because I knew there would be a free for all otherwise.
I do have a puzzle keeper. It's currently in the cubby hole in J's room. But I don't get a lot of kid free time, so it's not worth pulling out right now.

tiggerwillow

Meowmy to Tigger and (Queen) Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never been able to do jigsaws, can't even do a 50 piece one

Don't really see the point of jigsaws, to be fair, if you want to know what the picture IN the box is, look on the outside of the box cause it will show you what the picture is ?

Last edited by a moderator:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have never been able to do jigsaws, can't even do a 50 piece one

Don't really see the point of jigsaws, to be fair, if you want to know what the picture IN the box is, look on the outside of the box cause it will show you what the picture is ?
I found it helped pass the time during the dreary winter months, and also found it very calming. Cat ones were, not surprisingly, my favourites.

As for other reasons to do them, here's what Google found:

1719229955140.png

The Benefits Of Jigsaw Puzzles For The Brain - FasterCapital

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

tiggerwillow

Meowmy to Tigger and (Queen) Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
"Reduce stress levels" probably increases mine cause I get frustrated and want to throw the jigsaw in the bin .....
It can be frustrating, when you can't find pieces. But that's when you get up and walk away. But on the other hand, it's really fun to watch the picture take shape. But maybe jigsaws aren't for you.

You need to stay focused and that distracts your brain from other things.
That's what I found too.

Here are some we’ve done recently:
Oh, I love the jewel cat one. :redheartpump:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
We do them because it helps with our anxiety and stress. It’s also better than just sitting in front of the TV.

Here are some we’ve done recently:

View attachment 478912View attachment 478913View attachment 478914View attachment 478915View attachment 478916View attachment 478917
The cat Puzzle looks like a hard one- I like those.Theyre all so pretty,I always hate taking them apart when finished but I bring them to GoodWill so at someone else gets to enjoy it - My Mom used to frame them all,the basement walls ran out of room but she just kept right on framing them ,lol

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Most of the major medical centers here have a table of jigsaw puzzles set up permanently. This is especially found in the units which handle procedures which may be stressful such as radiation and infusion.

I personally don't do jigsaw puzzles, but they do have proven benefits as rubysmama rubysmama mentioned.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy- Started separating my pieces- I don't think I could get into it right now..... be much better on the dining room table where there's more room ,maybe some other time- once they go back in the box I think they might stay there another year🤣
20240629_045002.jpg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I put that puzzle back in the box 4 hrs ago,I don't remember walking away at all- Sami was the only one watching ( he's always watching!) and he came over to see the pieces right in front of me ..... Just now he comes walking by carrying a puzzle piece in his mouth and I'm 99 percent positive nothing fell off the table .....Id like to know how in the world he stole a piece without me seeing him do it??????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
This was fun and a trip down memory lane... all the ads from Arnott's Biscuits. I found it in an op shop. It came in a great old-fashioned tin.

jigsaw.jpg

jigsaw2.jpg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
How do those of you who do jigsaws do them without wanting to throw them in the bin cause the pieces don't go where I want them to go?

Family member months ago got me a 100 piece jigsaw and I still can't do it :livid: (one hundred piece)
Lol- I took out a puzzle recently,started separating all the colors , the edges and didn't even get half way through that and scooped it back into the box- might another year go by before I reconsider,It's been awhile & I feel like I lost my umph for it