Jigsaws

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone else every just give up on a puzzle? I have been working on a Ravensburger which started out fun and quickly became tedious. It is a storybook library scene with tiny stacks of books everywhere, very hard to match up. About half way through I resorted to sorting by puzzle shape and even with that I was spending hours to place one or two pieces. Yesterday I just decided it wasn’t worth it and packed it up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Anyone else every just give up on a puzzle? I have been working on a Ravensburger which started out fun and quickly became tedious. It is a storybook library scene with tiny stacks of books everywhere, very hard to match up. About half way through I resorted to sorting by puzzle shape and even with that I was spending hours to place one or two pieces. Yesterday I just decided it wasn’t worth it and packed it up.
Sorry.. late to the scene!
Yes, I've given up a couple of times. Once I went back and did actually finish it.
Which was it? There are a few that sort of fit that description.

My friend and I finished the Heye: Simon's Cat today.
simons cat.jpg

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
mani mani , here it is Midnight at the Library and it looks like it should be so much fun but it just wasnt, at least for me.
View attachment 411991
I bought that one on a special order as I love the whimsical ones. It isn't easy. You may find if you put it away for a while and bring it out again later it might be more doable?

This is the one I gave up on, but did do later on.
HEY29619.jpg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought that one on a special order as I love the whimsical ones. It isn't easy. You may find if you put it away for a while and bring it out again later it might be more doable?

This is the one I gave up on, but did do later on.
View attachment 412018
Yeah, maybe in the right mind frame. I have done a number of the Ravensburger with the tiny images and enjoyed them, so could be me and not the puzzle.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
It has good slabs of colour, susanm9006 susanm9006 .
I'm having withdrawals.. down in Tasmania looking after my brother after a knee operation. Nowhere to put jigsaws and no time. :(

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you pack everything you needed in the end? Other than puzzles?

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Did you pack everything you needed in the end? Other than puzzles?
Yes, probably a little too much but all good. I did pack two of my best puzzles to give to an elderly friend down here.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOOOOOVE 1970s puzzles like this! I think it was a good decade for puzzles, as they were a little more unusual.

Last edited by a moderator:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
One 45 year old puzzle completed and not only were all the pieces present but I got an extra one to boot. It was a pretty challenging puzzle. I noticed when I was putting the pieces back in the box that the lid has inscriptions dated 1979 and 1993 saying “all the pieces were here“. So I added the same with today’s date.
F41DCAB2-ED81-4847-B75F-9883C25023CE.jpeg

Last edited: