Jigsaws

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did you buy that? It looks handy.
I got it a long time ago maybe 25 years ago or so. I think an improved version of it is available on Amazon and hobby stores online. The new version zips up and has a handle and two sorting trays.

If you get a puzzle board stay away from the roll up ones. They bend the pieces.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just started White Mountain puzzle “Movies”. I don’t use the picture so here is what it looks like right now.View attachment 329493
Yay for a no picture person! You're doing it the right way!

OMG a 'no picture' jigsaw puzzler! I have the greatest admiration! :cheerleader:
My dad taught me as a very young child that it was cheating to look at the box/picture, so I never do.

I think I'm going to pull out a jigsaw today. I have a backlog that I got for free from here or there.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For a challenge, try a completely clear acrylic puzzle:

There's a waiting list to buy the puzzle. The puzzles are back ordered until at least July.

3D puzzles are pretty challenging, too. I remember putting a Puzz 3D one together a long time ago. I think it was a famous castle.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
For a challenge, try a completely clear acrylic puzzle:

[/URL]

There's a waiting list to buy the puzzle. The puzzles are back ordered until at least July.

3D puzzles are pretty challenging, too. I remember putting a Puzz 3D one together a long time ago. I think it was a famous castle.
I love the 3d ones. I have a few of the towers made to scale collection, the Willis Tower and the Chrysler building and the American Radiator building. Next to each other they are scale to their full size counterparts.

I used to have the titanic and the London bridge but it got lost

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My mom asked for an easy one of mine to start with, she ended up taking 1000 piece candy bar one haha. I'm going through and redoing some of mine to see how many pieces are missing, if they are complete I can give them to someone else around here that's looking. There's been a few on my local swap and shops lately.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I got it a long time ago maybe 25 years ago or so. I think an improved version of it is available on Amazon and hobby stores online. The new version zips up and has a handle and two sorting trays.

If you get a puzzle board stay away from the roll up ones. They bend the pieces.
Thank you!!
I love doing puzzles. I usually only do then in my porch during the summer where I can semi control animal interference, however I moved the table in recently and did one so far last week. Lost nine! pieces thanks to my pets. Ugh. I need a better table and cover I think.
View attachment 329396
I like that one!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Our Prime Minister, Scott Morrison (ScoMo for short.. Australians just love to shorten everything) told people they can only go out for essential services.. the usual groceries, health, and to pick up a jigsaw!
Of course now everyone is into them as they're a very efficient and enjoyable time-waster.
I've been into them for a long time as I think they're really meditative.

Anyway, this will not be the most 'used' thread in the lounge, but I thought for those of us who are into them, we could share what we're doing.
I know Mia6 Mia6 is eagerly awaiting a new one, and I'm half way through this one, of a rather disturbing Alice (in Wonderland). You can see her in all her evil glory when she's finished. :biggrin:

So if you have any jigsaws, past or present, here's the spot for them. :)

View attachment 329291
Play this while you're working on it.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to have an extra light that sits on the table. Otherwise it’s just too dark.
I need to get a new one. The old lamp I used to use broke. If it's sunny, we get great light in here in the afternoon, but it's overcast today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise