Jigsaws

Marts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
mani mani - I have always loved Heye and will continue to do the smaller ones but I think will give anything over 3000 pieces a miss as it would seem all the brands are the same when it comes to big puzzles. This picture was taken after they knocked the sides off for the fourth time in as many days. However extending the table to make it bigger and some poster board with something heavy on it seems to have fixed the cats destroying it for now :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I once did a 3000 Ravensburger and it all came together very well.

I made a base out of a board I bought at the hardware store that's used for sound-proofing rooms.. the pieces tend to stick to it. It will only take a 1000 piece puzzle though.

Hope you're feeling better soon. :vibes:

Marts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
mani mani - I previously did a 3000 Educa puzzle and that came together very nicely too so guessing it only happens when you go over 3000 pieces. Apart from a couple of 1500 I think I only have 1000 pieces left in my to do pile so a board that holds the pieces like that would be perfect. Thanks for the idea.

Thank you, I hope so too. Last set of blood tests tomorrow morning so hope the docs can work out how to fix me once they get those results

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am trying to take a puzzle break for the rest of summer so that I can restock my puzzle supply and have some I look forward to doing when the weather gets cold. Used puzzles are starting to show up at thrift stores which is great.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
I am trying to take a puzzle break for the rest of summer so that I can restock my puzzle supply and have some I look forward to doing when the weather gets cold. Used puzzles are starting to show up at thrift stores which is great.
Yes, I'm hoping there'll be a heap! People are asking too much for second hand ones at the moment, but it'll settle... it's been the the toilet paper/hand santiser of the hobby world :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still have a few puzzles, but current working hours are making it hard to settle down with one! One of these days!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Great buy at the Goodwill. This Dowdle cat puzzle that looks like great fun to complete. It was $2.99 but it was senior day so 25% off!
7506E94C-AF6B-4BBA-B28F-5FF3394010C4.jpeg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on that one Marts Marts . I have never completed one that large. Definitely a beast and that you could get it done without losing any pieces. How long did it take?

Marts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congrats on that one Marts Marts . I have never completed one that large. Definitely a beast and that you could get it done without losing any pieces. How long did it take?
Thank you, I think about 6 weeks in total however I was very ill for a couple of weeks and couldn't even look at it let alone add any pieces.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
That's amazing Marts Marts ! It's also a great puzzle. I googled it and got this: Historia Comica
If you click on each of the little squares in the images on the right you get an enlarged version.
I'd love to do this, but just don't have the space.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our Prime Minister, Scott Morrison (ScoMo for short.. Australians just love to shorten everything) told people they can only go out for essential services.. the usual groceries, health, and to pick up a jigsaw!
Of course now everyone is into them as they're a very efficient and enjoyable time-waster.
I've been into them for a long time as I think they're really meditative.

Anyway, this will not be the most 'used' thread in the lounge, but I thought for those of us who are into them, we could share what we're doing.
I know @Mia6 is eagerly awaiting a new one, and I'm half way through this one, of a rather disturbing Alice (in Wonderland). You can see her in all her evil glory when she's finished. :biggrin:

So if you have any jigsaws, past or present, here's the spot for them. :)

View attachment 329291
haha i thought you meant the actual tool until i saw the pic

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool puzzle, Marts Marts !

I started a new 1000 piece that's too big for my puzzle box and so I'm doing it on the back of a wall mirror and covering it up when I'm not there. It's extra slow going now that I'm babysitting five days a week. Here's the frame, though I'm not sure which way is up yet! (I'm a tiny bit farther, but haven't taken any more picures yet)

0802202016a.jpg

Marts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's amazing Marts Marts ! It's also a great puzzle. I googled it and got this: Historia Comica
If you click on each of the little squares in the images on the right you get an enlarged version.
I'd love to do this, but just don't have the space.
Thank you, it is rather cool although some of the images seem different to what was on my puzzle. For example world war two shows an image of the planet going up in smoke whereas on my puzzle world war two is this.
IMG_20200805_111230992.jpg

There is also an Opus 2 which is on my wish list and will be on my table soon.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am trying to take a puzzle break until October so that I can stock up with some good ones to do during the colder months. But I love seeing the ones you all are working on. Lari Lari , using that mirror is a great idea.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
That looks like it's going to be really pretty Lari Lari !

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got the frame done! We'll see if I decide that's enough for today or come back later.

0816201604.jpg