Jigsaws

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I've never heard of them either!

I never want to do another Eurographics puzzle again. This was awful to do. All of the pieces are the same shape and it didn't hold together at all. If you just brushed against it all the pieces came apart.

View attachment 471723
I looked them up on the jigsaw comparison site I use, but for some reason they don't have the usual info on Eurographics, even though it's pretty well known.
I'm a bit of a jigsaw snob these days.. I always check pieces for thickness (those horrible thin little pieces in the cheaper brands are awful) and differences in shape.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finished another puzzle.

IMG_6154.jpg

This was a 1000 piece Cobble Hill one, and had various shaped pieces, which took a bit to get used to. The cats and the yarn were fairly easy to do, but the stars and the speckled parts and the solid white took more time and patience. I was also sure there was a missing piece, but it turned out to be 2 smaller pieces. This was a loan, so I will be returning it.

temp2.jpg

I've borrowed a couple more. One is a winter scene, the other a spring scene. I plan to do the winter one first, since winter isn't completely over here yet. No cats in either of them, but the winter one has birds.

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think I've lost puzzle fever, or the 2 I borrowed aren't ones I really want to do. I did only plan on doing them during the winter months, and it's almost April now, so maybe it's the timing too.

I did sort the pieces for this one, but there were so many solid dark pieces I got frustrated just trying to get the edges done. Plus I think the title "Winter Wonderland" was a bit off putting. LOL

1710697982824.png

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I've lost puzzle fever, or the 2 I borrowed aren't ones I really want to do. I did only plan on doing them during the winter months, and it's almost April now, so maybe it's the timing too.

I did sort the pieces for this one, but there were so many solid dark pieces I got frustrated just trying to get the edges done. Plus I think the title "Winter Wonderland" was a bit off putting. LOL

View attachment 472506
I am getting to that point. The one currently on the table has taken way way too long to be finished and I haven’t worked on it for days. I also totally get the “puzzles I really don’t want to do”. Put them away, take a break.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
We've slowed down a lot with puzzled too. We finished this one on Saturday -

View attachment 473671
Love this one, with all the patterns and colors. I think I am on summer puzzle break. I finally finished the one I was working on, greatly tempted a number of times to dump it back in the box unfinished. Combo of the puzzle itself and me not being in the right mind frame.