Jealous cat!

hma11176

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two cats. They were litter mates and I have had them since they were about 6 weeks old. I had a roommate when I got them and everything was great, but for the past two years it has been just me and the cats. I now have a boyfriend and one of my cats, Smokey (female, spayed), is very jealous of him and is very mean to him when he is here! He will try to be nice and pet her and play with him, but she just hisses and growls at him. At night, she will go on his side of the bed and scratch at the bed or make whatever noises she can to keep him awake, but she never disturbs me! My other cat, Oreo (female, spayed), seems to adore him. How can I get Smokey to at least be "civil" to my boyfriend?? I really think she may chase him away if she does not stop being so mean to him!

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If he is willing, you might want to ask him to do the feeding and such. Let him give her some treats..baby food, lactaid, chicken or maybe some fish. Have him talk to her real nice but not attempt to pet her. Try and give her lots of love while he is sitting with you. Its worth a shot

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hma11176

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, I'll try. I think he will be willing, but he has tried to be nice to her, but he gets mad because he tries to be nice and she is mean. I will let him feed her and I will try to make sure I give her lots of attention when he is here--that might help. Thanks

pepto89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I feel your pain. My ex-boyfriend had a beautiful siamese that clearly hated me, and I don't usually get that response from animals. She was a "daddy's girl" and didn't like it when he directed his attention towards me. We were together for about 1 and 1/2 years and she merely grew to tolerate my presence. Sorry that I have no advice, but good luck!