Japanese Bob Tail? Or Mixed?

boycat1995

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all! My family have always thought my cat is a japanese bob tail but we are not 100% sure, please advice! She could just be a mixed breed as well.
She does have a bob tail, a triangle face, long hind legs + is a calico but we could be confusing her with a Manx?
Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s very pretty! I love her big eyes! I would describe her as a caliby (calico tabby) and white Domestic Shorthair. Domestic Shorthairs are the landrace, the natural cat. A bobbed tail can, but doesn’t always, indicate ancestry from a bobtail breed, because a short tail can arise as a result of a spontaneous mutation as well. Japanese Bobtails have a more slender body than your girl, and a more triangular face. If she is mixed with something, I would say Manx is more likely, because she is closer in body type and head shape. Manx cats can have bobtails, or even full length tails.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

boycat1995

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s very pretty! I love her big eyes! I would describe her as a caliby (calico tabby) and white Domestic Shorthair. Domestic Shorthairs are the landrace, the natural cat. A bobbed tail can, but doesn’t always, indicate ancestry from a bobtail breed, because a short tail can arise as a result of a spontaneous mutation as well. Japanese Bobtails have a more slender body than your girl, and a more triangular face. If she is mixed with something, I would say Manx is more likely, because she is closer in body type and head shape. Manx cats can have bobtails, or even full length tails.
thank u :))