Contest January Picture Of The Month: Younger And Older

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Patch, a couple weeks after I had livetrapped her and the Kittens she was caring for. She was a terrified Cat who just wanted to hide and would make me bleed if I got too close to her without gloves on.
IMG_2474.JPG

And Patch today. Now she has learned that not all humans are bad and will happily take all the attention she can get.
20190118_090259[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any baby-kitten-to-cat transformations (yet!), but here is Chai. The first one is the first time I met her in the shelter, when she was about 8-9 months old; the second one is one of my favorite photos of her, taken about 9 months later.

Withdrawn, scared, "unadoptable" semiferal vs. happy, silly, trusting girl in her forever home. I miss her every day. :hearthrob:
She seemed a well-adapted "unadoptable" girl to me @rosegold. What a great way to honour the memory of your lovely Chai.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
:dancingblackcat: IMPORTANT - side by side / top and bottom combined photos

Many of you are managing to do the side by side thing in your entries. I'm creating combined images for those who have provided two pictures.

I'll leave the large photos here, but will only use the merged ones in the voting thread.

This is the software I'm using Merge images online if you would prefer to do it yourself (or by all means use whatever software you have). :)You're welcome to do top and bottom if they are landscape format.

Keep in mind that it works best when the photos are of similar shape (a portrait with a landscape format, not so good)
Sorry, Mani, I posted from my phone, and I couldn’t figure out how to put the pictures side-by-side. Thanks for fixing it for me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
PLEASE NOTE:

Thank you to those of you who are doing the side by side thing.. you don't have to post the large pictures as well, as that's just me leaving them in when I put the two together. Of course you're very welcome to!

If you are putting one on top of the other, that is really only in case of landscape format photos. I'll be reworking them to side by side for consistency. :)

Thanks everyone.. Lovely shots!:redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I have lots of shots of Sundar as a kitten, but not so many of Nilah, as I didn't have a decent camera 10 years ago. But because Sundar gets quite a showing here, I delved into the past and found one. :D

Here is tiny little Nilah and Madame Nilah, as she likes to be known (that or 'Princess')....

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ruby and I know that there's no chance her younger cat pic can compete with all the adorable kitten pics, but here's her entry anyway.

Younger Ruby just after I adopted her - Nov 2013.
And Older Ruby today - Jan 2019

....2013&2019a.jpg