January 2023 Book of the Month Club - Homer’s Odyssey and/or The Cat Who Saved Books 🐈

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you going to have another mammoth reading month gilmargl gilmargl .
Nope - one of my cats, Katy, either doesn't like me reading about cats, or she hates books in general. I have no problem reading an e-book in bed with Katy wriggling around my neck, but I soon give up wrestling with a book and Katy. So, although I am determined to finish both cat-books of the month, if I want to read in bed I usually finish up having to read something else on the e-reader. But, it won't be a mammoth reading month! :)

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be starting "Homer's Odyssey" tonight. I noted that Gwen Cooper has also written a novel about a cat. The name of it is "Love Saves the Day." I think I'll have to order that one.
My copy of Homer's Odyssey had an excerpt from Love Saves the Day. It is written from the viewpoint of a cat! At least the first part is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finished "The Cat Who Saved Books".

As I read "Homer's Odyssey" a few years ago, I'm probably only going to give it a quick scan to refresh my memory. However, I just started Prince Harry's book, so that will be my focus for the next several days.

I noted that Gwen Cooper has also written a novel about a cat. The name of it is "Love Saves the Day." I think I'll have to order that one.
Just checked, and my library has the e-book version. Maybe I'll read it during February 2023 Book of the Month Club. Choose Your Own. month.