January 2022 book of the month club - A Lion Called Christian

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any way to track it, gilmargl gilmargl
It was ordered from UK but the company doesn't organise tracking to Germany. I've reported it and they'll try to send a replacement. If it takes the max. 15 days to arrive - I'll have to read fast. Normally no big problem but ......... I am having a new kitchen fitted in February and the room has to be prepared. On Friday, my 2 sons-in-law are starting to remove the old fittings, remove wall tiles and provide new power points and water pipes. Later my daughter and I will be responsible for painting and hanging new wallpaper. If everything goes according to plan I'm sure to have time to read a book between cooking on a camping stove and washing up in the bath! :) The cats will help - particularly Tiffany, a natural scavenger. Without any kitchen cupboards, all my "stuff" from packets of biscuits to plastic bags filled with trash will be within her grasp. 😠 At least she won't be bored!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It was ordered from UK but the company doesn't organise tracking to Germany. I've reported it and they'll try to send a replacement. If it takes the max. 15 days to arrive - I'll have to read fast. Normally no big problem but ......... I am having a new kitchen fitted in February and the room has to be prepared. On Friday, my 2 sons-in-law are starting to remove the old fittings, remove wall tiles and provide new power points and water pipes. Later my daughter and I will be responsible for painting and hanging new wallpaper. If everything goes according to plan I'm sure to have time to read a book between cooking on a camping stove and washing up in the bath! :) The cats will help - particularly Tiffany, a natural scavenger. Without any kitchen cupboards, all my "stuff" from packets of biscuits to plastic bags filled with trash will be within her grasp. 😠 At least she won't be bored!
I'm envious of you getting a new kitchen, though not so much of the mess you'll have to deal with during the renovations. But it will all be worth it. And hopefully your replacement book won't take too long arriving, and you'll find time to sit in corner a read about a big cat, while keeping an eye on your little natural scavenger cat. ;)

Thank you all. :thumbsup: I didn't delete it. My spoiler was that it was wonderful. :lol:
That's a great spoiler, and a great advertisement for the book. :thumbsup:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My book arrived yesterday from France! I'm not sure if it is the book I ordered 2 weeks before Christmas or the replacement. It's in excellent condition and I read half of it before cooking lunch and finished it early afternoon. A book for everybody - a simply written account of a unique experience. Highly recommended - the photos are amazing!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:clapcat: :purr: :clapcat: :purr: :dizzycat: It actually came on Wednesday! I sat down and read it in three gulps, literally. I had forgotten how wonderful the book is, and I read the original, written some time ago, so reading the updated book was just a pleasure! I am so very glad that the hardcover was actually cheaper than the Kindle version. This is a book that I will be happy to have on my shelves from now on. It will be one that I read annually, I'm betting!

Those two young men managed, with no help at all, do to everything right with Christian. I wish all lions sold as "pets" had managed to land somewhere so soft!

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I spaced this with having a friend visiting from out of state for a week, but I will be grabbing the book today. It's at the library.
Looks like it's a fast read so I hope to be done by or on the 22nd!

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear I went to the library and it wasn't there. Either the library was wrong or I read it wrong or it got checked out all of a sudden haha. So I've requested it be sent to the library near me that I went to, so when I get it read I'll pop in!