January 2020 Book of the Month Club

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Some of us who post in the all books & reading thread thought it might be fun if we read the same book at the same time, and then discussed it. So we started a "Book of the Month Club".

Our book for January 2020 is The Mountain Between Us by Charles Martin. It has been made into a film as well.
We'll discuss it from the 22-28 of January. Hope you enjoy it!

1575651402031.png

This is from Goodreads:​

When a blizzard strands them in Salt Lake City, two strangers agree to charter a plane together, hoping to return home; Ben Payne is a gifted surgeon returning from a conference, and Ashley Knox, a magazine writer, is en route to her wedding. But when unthinkable tragedy strikes, the pair find themselves stranded in Utah's most remote wilderness in the dead of winter, badly injured and miles from civilization. Without food or shelter, and only Ben's mountain climbing gear to protect themselves, Ashley and Ben's chances for survival look bleak, but their reliance on each other sparks an immediate connection, which soon evolves into something more.

Days in the mountains become weeks, as their hope for rescue dwindles. How will they make it out of the wilderness and if they do, how will this experience change them forever? Heart-wrenching and unputdownable, The Mountain Between Us will reaffirm your belief in the power of love to sustain us.

The objective of our book club is to read and discuss one book a month.

Month Timeline:
- Book to be read within 1st to 21st of the month
- Discussion from 22nd to 28th of the month

We're going to try to pick books from different genres, so if the book chosen for one month does not appeal to you, hopefully the following month's choice will be more to your taste.

Books will be announced during the first week of the previous month, so our February book will be announced in early January. This should give plenty of time for interested parties to obtain a copy.

As for January, maybe it's not too late to add this book to your Christmas Wish List. 🎄

Hope you will join us. Everyone is welcome!

Happy Reading !

upload_2019-10-1_9-24-10.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've already read it, so will be quickly rereading it, to refresh my mind for our discussion.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've just downloaded the e-book from the library. Since I've already read it, I'm going to look at the questions at the end of the book, and keep them in mind as I reread, so I might actually have some good answers to post when we do our discussion later in the month.

Anyone else planning to read along with us?

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
The library checked it out for my ebook a few days ago. I'm a few chapters into it. I had not expected it so soon. Maybe I can check it out again when we are discussing it.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought it from Amazon, you know that already because ruby was cross with with me for reading the last few pages of it so
now I know how it ends.;) I just downloaded it again from the library. I had done this twice and let it expire because I didn't
want to read it too soon. I hope the female main character is nothing like Billie from our last book.:argh:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
So we're reading and discussing The Mountain Between Us by Charles Martin. for January. We'll discuss it from the 22th-28h
Please join in!! This book is a romance but also about trying to survive.⛰🌨✈

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had already read this book last year, so was intending to only skim it this month to refresh my memory. But it's really a good book, so I've ended up reading it again word by word. So anyone on the fence about reading it, give it a shot. I think you'll enjoy it. :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I finished it a couple days ago, and though it was a repeat read for my, I still enjoyed it thoroughly.

One more week till we starting discussing it, so still time to read it if anyone is considering.