Jake, I wish we had more time together on earth..

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
it was way too short, you only living here for 3 short years, almost to the day.  You were young, only 6 or 7, I did not know you had bad kidneys.  I wish I knew, I should have, could have.  One day you were FINE, next day, not eating as much, but still eating, getting thinner, but I thought you were fighting off a cold, as the 2 other old cats have done here, countless of times.  But I was wrong - when I took you to the vets they told me how much weight you lost, I was in shock.  When the blood results came back that most of your kidney function was lost, and would not come back, I was in shock.  I for a day and a half was determined I could get you better by assist feeding you, but you told me, no Steph, I am leaving now.  Let me go.  So dear friend, we said goodbye at the vets on 1/10, your best bud David misses you as I do (even your "nemesis" Lilly is showing signs she misses you too)

I found this poem (below) tonight, that really reminded me of you, it might seem macabre at first, but Jake, I swear I saw your little soul rise when we said goodbye at the doctor's office.  As I said to you on that table, "wait for me in heaven!"

RIP little Jake, I loved you from the first day I saw you drinking out of the water bowl in my backyard (I thought you were a skunk, lol).  We had fun with the "red dot" laser pointer pen, you loved that! , milkrings, - - too short our time together, I love you Jake, I wish we had had more time here..

Untitled

Hand holds down,
Strokes grey white fur- for a moment.
Cat eyes look forward. Gurgled sigh seeps from throat.
Steel table glistens. Other hand inserts needle.
Head turns up. Head drops.
No more sigh.

Spirit detaches from body of
Proud and gentle cat,
Rises and rests,
Hovers over form of previous shape,
Then gathers in twirl of kitten dance chasing tail.
Free now!
Floats up to ceiling, then out to sky,
Hovers,
Floats higher, higher and
Gathers speed,
Leas into layers of Goodspirits covering earth.
Astro be with you!

Susan L. Sellingsloh, Austin, TX 2/94
From Humane Society of Austin & Travis County
BR>

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please accept my condolences. Don't beat yourself up over not knowing about Jake's kidney disease, they are masters at hiding problems. I too have watched my 2 boys go through 'colds' this winter, it could easily have been something else. Nothing will help your agony except time, give your other babies special attention, they need you.Please know I am praying for you, may Jake meet you at the Rainbow Bridge!

loverly7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss.  I just lost my Garfield on 1/21/13 and am grieving so much right now too.  Don't blame yourself for this.  I am dealing with blaming myself too, even though I know deep in my heart and soul that I did the best I could do and Garfield and I both loved each other dearly.  I know your furbaby loved you and knows how much you love him too.  He is waiting for you in Heaven and you will see each other again.  I know that doesn't ease the pain at all; I know that all too well; but only time has the power to ease that pain.  Please know I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Hugs,

Amy

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.Poor Jake. At least he had those three years of love from you. RIP, little one.

adrianna25

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Im so sorry for your loss of Jake. You did the best you could and he knew you loved him dearly. I, too, just lost my baby Zets to kidney issues. He lost alot of weight and didn't eat as much either. He was very dehydrated and clung to me every night. How tricky they are at hiding their illnesses. How I wish I knew how he was, I would have tried harder. I am sure your Jake and my Zets and all the other kitties are playing in the fields free of pain.

RIP dear Jake and my baby Angel Zets. [emoji]10084[/emoji]

amysvi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So sorry for your loss.  I just lost my little Raji, I too felt I should have known sooner.  RIP Jake and Raji

pinkkitty24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of Jake ...  I lost my 6yr old baby Cairo on 12-4-12 .. and am still devastated over his passing,

He too died suddenly ... no symptoms either ...  and I am also dealing with a lot of guilt -- 'shoulda coulda woulda' .. . and all the what ifs ...

Please dont blame yourself ...  cats are very good at hiding their symptoms/illnesses .... 

You gave him a happy life and loved him very much .. there's nothing else  you could have done ..

Hopefully .. all of our purrbabies are playing together at the Rainbow Bridge 

HUGS

Monica

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so so so so sorry, for, the loss of Jake. He was a very handsome boy
. As other people have said, don't beat yourself up over it. You took great care of him and loved him very much
. Cats are masters, of, hiding symptoms. Again, my deepest condolences