Jackie

Lakek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, recently I save a tiny barn kitten. I’ve had her for two weeks, she is probably 7 weeks old right now. Yesterday I got home from work and she was limping. I keep her in my room locked & there isn’t a lot of high furniture. It seems to be hurting her at hire wrist, she will apply pressure to it & she was just kneading with it. I felt it and she didn’t cry, I brought it straight with some pressure & she did a little. It doesn’t appear to be swelling. & I’ve been icing it & keeping her from physical activity.

Attachments

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Limping Calici? Limping Calici — Kitten Lady

I believe it is also known as Limping Kitten Syndrome.

Granted starting with a relative big one! Don't want to cause panic. In any case definitely good to be mindful about it regarding any progress.

Otherwise there is plenty of other possibilities: A little booboo/strain after active playing, insect sting, damaged claw, genetic disorders etc You've already started with the sound option of putting an iced pack (Covered with a towel or blanket) on the spot. It might be just a result of active playing or a little fall, tiny kittens are very delicate even if there isn't a massive jungle gym happening in your room.

If things don't get better within 24 hours, definitely recommend a vet visit! Thanks for being awesome overall and saving a little kitten :redheartpump: She is very cute!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hello, recently I save a tiny barn kitten. I’ve had her for two weeks, she is probably 7 weeks old right now. Yesterday I got home from work and she was limping. I keep her in my room locked & there isn’t a lot of high furniture. It seems to be hurting her at hire wrist, she will apply pressure to it & she was just kneading with it. I felt it and she didn’t cry, I brought it straight with some pressure & she did a little. It doesn’t appear to be swelling. & I’ve been icing it & keeping her from physical activity.
You did excellently if its some sort of contussion. Easily to happen with a curious kitten....

It may be a so called calici-limping. Its a calici virus infection. Bothering but usually not dangerous. You will see it if the limping leg changes...

You can try with L-lysine, it helps sometimes. (same as for humans, but in some form she can get, powder or fluid.). Much fluids to drink.
If you can get raw goats milk, its a good nourishment, and sometimes its tipping the scale into becoming healthy again.

ps. I see the poster above has the same suggestion.