Jack is free flying with the Angels

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Jack, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a beautiful boy Jack was, is, and will always be! Now you have done the hardest thing we ever do...acted in another living being's best interest at the cost of our own heartbreak. You held your boy in your arms as he left this Adventure and began his Next Great Adventure, and you sent your love with him to guide his way. This is what I know, to the depths of my being...love never dies, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. And Love abides, always and forever, Love abides. The best part of Jack, his love for you, is now translated and purified in to Love and is with you still. Someday, in the fullness of time, it will be your turn to pass through that Gate and into your own Next Great Adventure, and Jack's steadfast Love will guide you Home to him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You couldn't of done anymore than you did. Sometimes thing's are out of our control and this unfortunately this is one of them. You can't fix what you don't know. You did the only thing you could do you didn't let him down, you was with him and he knows that. Guilt is part of grieving but your boy wouldn't want you feeling guilty about making the pain stop. :alright:
Thank u

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Jack, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a beautiful boy Jack was, is, and will always be! Now you have done the hardest thing we ever do...acted in another living being's best interest at the cost of our own heartbreak. You held your boy in your arms as he left this Adventure and began his Next Great Adventure, and you sent your love with him to guide his way. This is what I know, to the depths of my being...love never dies, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. And Love abides, always and forever, Love abides. The best part of Jack, his love for you, is now translated and purified in to Love and is with you still. Someday, in the fullness of time, it will be your turn to pass through that Gate and into your own Next Great Adventure, and Jack's steadfast Love will guide you Home to him.
Thank u

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just to add, really sorry to read this. So very sorry for your loss

RIP Jack.
Thank you. Nothing really helps. I fall down at his grave band son ,"I'm sorry". I don't know how long it takes to stop crying but I cry rivers. I just want my beautiful little boy warm and safe inside. I know that's crazy.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank u. How long be fore I stop feeling guilty
It is normal to feel that we should've done more or should've seen this coming, we all have gone through it, it is just the grief playing it's mind and physical games with you and it will for awhile, just try to let it happen, don't supress it or it will feel worse and take longer to leave you, you sadly just have to ride it out and cry it out and with time you will come to grips with it.

The homeopathic remedy Ignatia Amara is for intense grief and shock and trauma, just little pills that you put under your tongue, no side effects, I have used them many times and they do help lessen the grief but in a natural way with your body, it doesn't mask it or hide it like drugs do.

I hope you feel better soon, it does take awhile and it is an awful thing to have to go through..... :alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss of your best friend Jack. Jack will always be with you and around you. When you are deep in your sorrow, he will be sitting beside you in spirit to guide you through this. It may not feel like it right at this very minute because the loss is so sudden and painful, but he is there. The feeling of emptiness is the hardest feeling to go through, but you are not empty because jack will live in you forever. Jack was given his wings and is with the angels and is being looked after by them, but he isnt gone forever as when you think of Jack and talk to Jack he will come to visit and comfort you in ways that you may not expect. RIP Jack .

When i had to euthanize both Leo and then three months later i had to euthanize MC, i couldnt stop crying, and having panic attacks. My heart felt heavy and the silence and emptiness really hit me. I didnt want to talk to anyone for days, i cried at work, when i got home i would cry at the drop of a hat. I found the things that help me was watching videos of them and photos. Keeping my routine of saying hello and good night to them, even though i know they arent there. Talking on this forum helped me as well, cause no one in my family understood what i was going through. When daily things go wrong everything felt more like a disaster, so in the morning i watch a few videos of them, then at night i watch few videos before i go to sleep. It may sound silly, but it helps me alot. I have been doing these things for a year and i am feeling ok now. There is nothing wrong with feeling these raw emotions that you are feeling because you lost Jack who was your best friend who was there all the time with you for many years.

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you owning a ragdoll was my heart's desire due to their loving ways. He owned me. He had me around his little claw beautiful blue eyes that spoke a language. He will always be in my heart. It breaks now to see his little grave but I still am trying to find comfort that I didn't do enough
Thank u. How long be fore I stop feeling guilty
I just need to not feel like I could have done more. So guilty

I just keep thinking others cured pancreatis why not Jack. We didn't know it till the end. I should have done more. It's my fault
Guilt, in this instance, is an emotion, not a fact. You feel guilty, which isn't the same as being guilty.

This is very important, so pay attention: You did the hardest thing you possibly could do; you helped Jack take that final step; you ended his suffering. Jack is reaping the benefit of that action, and you are paying the price - dealing with the grief and guilt. You did something very loving and courageous for Jack, and we honor you for it.

Guilt is an extremely normal feeling in this situation, because on some level we'd rather feel guilty than helpless. Unfortunately, in the face of death we are helpless. Some part of you is thinking "If I could just figure out what I did wrong, and be careful never to do it again, this will never happen to another cat I love," and I'm sorry to tell you that it doesn't work that way. Something will always come along that is more than we can deal with, something will eventually take all of them from us. And we will grieve, and sooner or later we'll adopt another cat, because there are so many who need our love, and because we have so much love to give, and because we need them so badly.

Do your grief work; take care of yourself, as Jack would want you to. But every time that guilty feeling comes up, please remind yourself that it's just a feeling, that the reality is that you did the very best you could for Jack and that you are his hero.

Margret

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Nothing really helps. I fall down at his grave band son ,"I'm sorry". I don't know how long it takes to stop crying but I cry rivers. I just want my beautiful little boy warm and safe inside. I know that's crazy.
That is NOT crazy!!! How could possibly feel any other way in this situation? You wouldn't tell anyone else who's just lost a pet that their grief is crazy; don't tell yourself that.

Margret

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pet Loss Grief Support Community Resources at Rainbow Bridge

I hope you are hanging in there. Guilt is part of grieving but in time you will feel better and most of the time there is nothing to feel guilty about. You did everything you could for Jack.
Try this forum above for a grief support forum. I thought you might like this poem, if you haven't seen it already, it has helped me through the loss of all my fur babies. I have lost 5 in the past twenty years or so. I found journaling helped me through the grief, I write to each one telling them what is going on etc., writing a memorial for them detailing life with them and having a service also helped me.

Jack was so gorgeous and I can tell how sweet he was and he loved you so much, that will never leave you. Wish I could have given that sweet munchkin a big fat hug❤

Rainbow Bridge: Norse Legend

1579821805744.png
1579821805805.png 1579821805776.png

1579821805776.png

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,
Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,
Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

-- Steve and Diane Bodofsky -

Last edited:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I visited that link and read some posts of pet losses, and I had to close it immediately.
The pain that oozes from those posts is truly unbearable to me, it broke my heart in tiny pieces :bawling2:
Sorry it was so upsetting... I found it a great comfort after my last two passed, to talk to others and share stories. It helped so much to get my feelings out and realize I was not alone in my pain, because I had no one irl who would understand and listen. It also helped to try to help others. There used to be a chat as well which helped me years ago when my Tess passed. Hugs💕

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Antonio65 Antonio65 , you're still raw from your own losses. You may want to avoid this kind of thread for a while.

Margret
You might be right Margret Margret , it could be that my losses are too fresh.
But I think that having lived and felt the kind of pain that a pet loss gives you, has changed my life and the way I feel about others' losses, it has kind of awakened me, opened a door in my heart and in my mind I didn't know I could have.
So now, others' losses make my heart wrench, no matter how long I wait to smooth my own pain. Those posts will always break my heart and make my cry, till the end of my life.
I could say I'm richer now.