I’ve found the holy grail of cat litter!!!

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had tried countless cat litters from stove pellets, horse stall refresher, premium cats litter to shavings. You name it, i got it all. Normally when my cats did their bussiness my the stench spreads throughout my 2 story home. As soon as you walk through the front door youre nose get raped by the smell. No kidding! A few days ago, i bought Purina Always Strong activated charcoal litter but didnt think it’d make a dent as i had tried other litter with activated charcoal before. Well, let me tell you something- my cat just dropped an atomic bomb and i cant smell a thing unless im within inches of the box. The litter is unscented and has very little dust. Im so happy i just want to share this...Yayyyy!!!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't find Purina Always Strong. . .oh, wait, Naturally Strong? Hmm, looks good, I'll have to try it. I do like Tidy Cats unscented with charcoal, I wonder what's different about this one. Thanks for the tip!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry i meant to say Naturally Strong. It’s a bit pricey ,about $13 for 20g, but worth every pennies.

I also tried AH clump and seal. Didnt have any luck. Keep in mind, my cats’ poops smell is diabolical LOL. Anything short of a gas mask and you’d be dead in a sec.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my cats’ poops smell is diabolical
Off topic, but that could be a reason for concern for me. He may have some parasite, excess bacteria, or some ingredients in his food doesn’t agree with him. If you want to experiment, you can look into high protein, low carb wet food, carbs often cause smelly poops too.

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yup i tried raw, different wet, dry food. Maybe most of my cat have parasite or their poops just smell nuclear :)

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've used FortiFlora. I just mix a packet in her food for a few days when things are more than a bit off. Others may have other recommendations.

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree about tidy cats naturally strong It is amazing I use the unscented but there is also a lemongrass scent I want to try It’s nice that it is available in grocery stores if you forget to place an order I usually get it from chewy They sell it in 4 paper bag bundles instead of the plastic jugs It make it cheaper and you get more It is heads above any other litter I’ve tried

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just about given up on the litter issue. I tried all different brands, including crunchy chicken feed, (which was gross) and found myself to be totally disgusted with this important but overprice product. The price of cat litter is obscene and it is never, ever, dust free! I am now going to give pellets a shot. We will see.

Bobsk8

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have just about given up on the litter issue. I tried all different brands, including crunchy chicken feed, (which was gross) and found myself to be totally disgusted with this important but overprice product. The price of cat litter is obscene and it is never, ever, dust free! I am now going to give pellets a shot. We will see.
Hope you have better luck with Pellets than I did. After a couple of months on pine pellets, my cat started pooping on the floor next to the litter box. Switched to Arm and Hammer Clump and Seal, and the problem immediately stopped.

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I loved using pine pellets But by the time my 2 reached a year old regular size sifting boxes were just too small I have been unable to find an XL sifting box

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you have better luck with Pellets than I did. After a couple of months on pine pellets, my cat started pooping on the floor next to the litter box. Switched to Arm and Hammer Clump and Seal, and the problem immediately stopped.

I doubt it because I think I tried it in the past and my cats just sat and stared at the box. But the problem is that regular litter is very expensive and I am allergic to all the dust it produces. I like Arm and Hammer Clump and Seal, but it is pricey and I have seven cats.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no such thing as "dust free", the ones labeled as 99% dust free are not wrong, but context matters. If you were to somehow sift out all of the dust and measure it, then measure the actual litter the dust would be 1% or less of the total volume.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no such thing as "dust free", the ones labeled as 99% dust free are not wrong, but context matters. If you were to somehow sift out all of the dust and measure it, then measure the actual litter the dust would be 1% or less of the total volume.

Thank you for telling me.
I can't handle the dust. Not only does it make my allergies worse but it creates a film, a coating, all over the house.

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had tried pellets before and it did nothing for stench.