I've bought an electronic cigarette

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought that it would be better than smoking regular cigs, they say it is an alternative but just not full of chemicals, tar and rubbish. I find it ok but I am still finding it really hard not to have a cigarette, I am having major cravings. My last cigarette was yesterday morning and I am trying not to use the electronic one too much. I can't believe how tough I am finding it though. I have felt really sick today, I think that your body aswell as nicotine craves al the nasty stuff in cigarettes.x

Last edited:

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
congrats on quitting hun!! give it a few days and it should subside well from what my friends have told me.  Good luck :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
congrats on quitting hun!! give it a few days and it should subside well from what my friends have told me.  Good luck :D

Thanks hun, its even tougher on me because DH smokes.x

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the club! Carolina and I are both e-cig users. There's a thread from when Carolina started using one. What kind did you get, and what strength liquid are you using? Generally when you start using one, you need high nic, i.e., 18 mg. (perhaps even more if you're a heavy smoker, e.g. 24 mg.) It's also better to "chain-vape" in the early days to stop the nicotine cravings. There are lots of forums where you can get tips, like the UK Vapers Forum or E-Cigarette Forum.

I've been using one for over two years now, and they really do work when you get the right combination of device (battery and atomizer or cartomizer) and liquid. That's usually a question of trial and error. Most beginners make the mistake of getting one that looks like a cigarette, but soon "graduate" to a bigger device like an Ego.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the club! Carolina and I are both e-cig users. There's a thread from when Carolina started using one. What kind did you get, and what strength liquid are you using? Generally when you start using one, you need high nic, i.e., 18 mg. (perhaps even more if you're a heavy smoker, e.g. 24 mg.) It's also better to "chain-vape" in the early days to stop the nicotine cravings. There are lots of forums where you can get tips, like the UK Vapers Forum or E-Cigarette Forum.
I've been using one for over two years now, and they really do work when you get the right combination of device (battery and atomizer or cartomizer) and liquid. That's usually a question of trial and error. Most beginners make the mistake of getting one that looks like a cigarette, but soon "graduate" to a bigger device like an Ego.

So glad I am not alone, maybe you can help me lol. I ordered a starter kit, I got 2 cigarettes as i was hoping hubby would join me
 with that I got two screw on ends which have the cartridges attached and then 5 cartridges just the plastic tips. Now the problem is I can't take the plastic cartridges off the metal thingys that were in the box with the e-cig, I have ordered some e-liquid, do I need to buy something extra so I can use the cartridges that I got supplied? I am very baffled with all of it as there were no instructions and I can't find anywhere on the website where you can just buy the metal thingys that the cartridges fit onto and like I said the cartridges that came with the e-cig seem to be fixed on to the metal thingy and its a darker colour to the other cartridges, are these just the ones that you re-fill? I hope this all makes sense, thank you.x

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no idea how the e-cigs work.  But good for you!!  I don't know if they had those back when my Aunt was quitting (like 20 years ago) but I know her first few days were hard.  But it got better and her husband still smokes.  I can't remember what time Carolina is usually on here; but you could always PM her if she doesn't see your thread too.  Hopefully she or someone else will see this who can help.

Last edited by a moderator:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've deleted quite a few off-topic posts. Can we try to stay on topic? Thanks. :)

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea how the e-cigs work.  But good for you!!  I don't know if they had those back when my Aunt was quitting (like 20 years ago) but I know her first few days were hard.  But it got better and her husband still smokes.  I can't remember what time Carolina is usually on here; but you could always PM her if she doesn't see your thread too.  Hopefully she or someone else will see this who can help.

Thank you, I could definitely do with taking to her as I am completely baffled with cartomizers and atomizers 
 x

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:clap::clap::clap:
Congratulation hun!!!! :woohoo: You did a wonderful thing for your health!!!
And by the way - don't stop yourself from vaping........ Vape away! :lol3::lol3::lol3: It will keep you from smoking
Like Tricia/Jcat said, start with a stronger e-juice..... If you were a "real" smoker, don't even bother getting anything lower than 18 - I started with 24, I think.... or 36? Not sure..... I am now at 18.
One big tip: Drink a LOT LOT LOT of water - specially in the beginning, you might have some side effects from the PG, which can be dehydrating..... so it is very important to drink water..... Just keep a glass by you, and keep drinking.

I thought I would only like tobacco flavors...... Now I have all types of flavors - thanks to Tricia :clap::clap::clap: - She was the one who told me to get desserts flavors......... and OMG do I love them or what???? I have waffles, cake flavors, fruit flavors, caramel, coffee, all sorts of tobacco..... I just keep filling my tanks with different flavors as I feel like :clap::clap::clap:

I started vaping in August.... I had Chronic bronchitis, and my doctor said my certain future, when I got older, would be emphysema - my lungs were NOT good.
I only slept with cough syrup.... lots of it. I would wake up suffocating sometimes..... I coughed a whole deal too.... and when I coughed,this nasty stuff would come out - sorry - TMI.
Long story short, in November I went to my doctor for my checkup - I do not have chronic bronchitis anymore...... nor do I cough...... nor do I need cough syrup..... my lungs are 100% clear. I am no longer looking at a certain future of emphysema.... My energy is way up - I can run, I can walk, and I don't feel I am dying.
My doctor is very much impressed with the results of my quitting/vaping, and not once suggested me to quit....... and I won't because I just love it :lol3::lol3::lol3:
Plus I barely spend any money on it, so I am soooooooooo game! :bigthumb:

Anyways,
What did you get? Tricia placed the address for the ECF forum - it is REALLY great - I made good friends in there with suppliers, and my goodness, they are so helpful answering questions too!!
Can you place pictures of what you got? This way I might have some idea of what problems you might be having.....
:hugs: and congrats again!!!
:clap::clap::clap:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It would help if you put pictures of the parts up or posted the brand name so we can Google it and see what you're talking about. Are the metal thingies the atomizers? That would be the part with the heating coil that turns the liquid into vapor. Usually the cartridge just snaps into the atomizer, then you screw the atty onto the battery.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would help if you put pictures of the parts up or posted the brand name so we can Google it and see what you're talking about. Are the metal thingies the atomizers? That would be the part with the heating coil that turns the liquid into vapor. Usually the cartridge just snaps into the atomizer, then you screw the atty onto the battery.
:yeah: pictures and model please.......... ah, please post the connection/thread model - should have a #.... hopefully 510 :cross:

Last edited:

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY Ruthy, this is just amazing!  YOU CAN DO IT!

I quit smoking when I got pregnant....I sure wish I had have known about the e-cigs. I've never even seen one in person but I have heard great things about them.

Carolina, with flavors like that, it makes me want to buy one, hahaha.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some pictures, I got a wall and usb charger too, I haven't done pics of these as I know how to use them lol

I've only pictured one but I got two off the actual cigarettes and two of the screw on tips which is the one not in the packet and then 5 cartridges 

This is the tip that came with the cigarette, I can't get to be able to put the cartridges on this, it seems fixed to the metal thingy

Note its a different colour to the cartridge, is his just the re-fillable one and do I need to buy something else? I am worried that I am going to run out until my e-liquid gets here. Here is the website can you tell me what I need to get to be able to use the cartridges? Or would it be cheaper to just use the e-liquid? I just hope it hurries up I am worried that I will run out
http://www.steamlite.co.uk/categories/Electronic-Cigarettes/   . Where do you get your e-liquid from? The one that is on the website is £9.99 shipping! I found a place where I got 30ml for £5 with shipping, also what will I need to buy regularly if I just use the e-liquid if someone could just point me in the right direction from the website I will be very grateful. My chest feels clearer already I am normally coughing badly in the morning and that has subsided already. Thanks.x

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am looking for a good brand to try.  I bought a couple from the gas station and found them to be very heavy.  I finally stopped using them when I heard about the guy who got part of his face blown off due to the battery in one of them.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Here are some pictures, I got a wall and usb charger too, I haven't done pics of these as I know how to use them lol

I've only pictured one but I got two off the actual cigarettes and two of the screw on tips which is the one not in the packet and then 5 cartridges 
This is the tip that came with the cigarette, I can't get to be able to put the cartridges on this, it seems fixed to the metal thingy
Note its a different colour to the cartridge, is his just the re-fillable one and do I need to buy something else? I am worried that I am going to run out until my e-liquid gets here. Here is the website can you tell me what I need to get to be able to use the cartridges? Or would it be cheaper to just use the e-liquid? I just hope it hurries up I am worried that I will run out:doh3: http://www.steamlite.co.uk/categories/Electronic-Cigarettes/  . Where do you get your e-liquid from? The one that is on the website is £9.99 shipping! I found a place where I got 30ml for £5 with shipping, also what will I need to buy regularly if I just use the e-liquid if someone could just point me in the right direction from the website I will be very grateful. My chest feels clearer already I am normally coughing badly in the morning and that has subsided already. Thanks.x
Thhe ones with white ends look like cartomizers to me, not cartridges. If you pop the white cap off (you can use a paper clip in the hole), you should find cottony filler inside which you can rewet with your e-liquid before popping the white cap back in. You could also use a hypodermic needle to fill them through the hole. Carolina uses or used cartomizers and can give you tips on how to fill them. When you take the white plastic off the other cartridges, are there metal threads you can screw into the battery? This makes it look like you got both cartomizers and atomizers with carts.
Liberty Flights has liquid, cartomizers, etc. and free shipping. The Electronic Cigarette Company and Totally Wicked are more expensive, but often have sales, especially on Firdays, so you could sign up for their newsletters.

I am looking for a good brand to try.  I bought a couple from the gas station and found them to be very heavy.  I finally stopped using them when I heard about the guy who got part of his face blown off due to the battery in one of them.
Most vapers recommend that people start with Joye products, especially the Ego models. The man in Florida who lost some teeth and part of his tongue was reportedly using stacked rechargeable batteries in a so-called "mod" (battery case), not a regular e-cig. The first things you're warned when using mods is to always use protected rechargeable batteries and never, ever stack them.

The general rule with e-cigs is the bigger, the better, because otherwise you're constantly recharging the batteries. If you think what you got at the gas station was heavy, you should see what I use :
a Bulli A2-TM

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

with a Lava Tube mod

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been doing some reading and I think I need to buy an atomizer if I need to use the cartridges, I think I will just use the cartomizers though and the e-liquid. I have bought some e-liquid just hope it comes soon before this one runs out lol. I have just purchased another kit off a place like groupon, should have been £39.98 and got it for £9.99 as I wanted two more batteries.x

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been doing some reading and I think I need to buy an atomizer if I need to use the cartridges, I think I will just use the cartomizers though and the e-liquid. I have bought some e-liquid just hope it comes soon before this one runs out lol. I have just purchased another kit off a place like groupon, should have been £39.98 and got it for £9.99 as I wanted two more batteries.x
Yeah.,.... I never used attys, nor Do I intend to.....
When you want to invest a bit more $$$.... Not really actually, get yourself an joye ego - you don't even need the kit - just the batteries and the charger. I get my tanks and cartomizers elsewhere..... and my juices I get from different vendors.
I did not use the stuff that came with the ego kit - waste of $$$ - what is worth in the kit, are the batteries and the charger.... and that you can buy in separate, and save some serious cash.
My tanks fit 5ml of juice, cost $10-11 and last over a month each..... easily - that is if I don't dry burn them - If I do.... they will last several months.

Juices are a huge deal. You get a nasty one, and you think vaping is nasty. IMHO, juices are a deal breaker - you get a good one, it helps you 100% to quit smoking.
My family, from Brazil, get their juices from here: http://www.e-liquid-store.com/
The brand is Dekang - very inexpensive.... it is from china, but very well regarded - very well known - this is the first brand of e-juice to go to market. Safe, and excellent quality, you can buy without fear :D They ship for free Worldwide for orders over $29.00 - great deal. It does take a while to get in Brazil.... do not know how long it takes to get in the UK.
One tip: Get a bunch of bottles of 10ml, of different flavors, then you will see what you like, and next time you buy bottles of 30.
My juices now I buy either of 30 or, sometimes of 100, when it is sold that way.
Vaping is a lot different from cigarettes, as in smoking you smoke a pack all your life, vaping only very few flavors you can do that for a few days.... it is called all day vape juice. Not all flavors are like that - usually you switch around.....
It is great to have a bunch of flavors that you like..... it is a lot of fun and keeps you going!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah.,.... I never used attys, nor Do I intend to.....
When you want to invest a bit more $$$.... Not really actually, get yourself an joye ego - you don't even need the kit - just the batteries and the charger. I get my tanks and cartomizers elsewhere..... and my juices I get from different vendors.
I did not use the stuff that came with the ego kit - waste of $$$ - what is worth in the kit, are the batteries and the charger.... and that you can buy in separate, and save some serious cash.
My tanks fit 5ml of juice, cost $10-11 and last over a month each..... easily - that is if I don't dry burn them - If I do.... they will last several months.
Juices are a huge deal. You get a nasty one, and you think vaping is nasty. IMHO, juices are a deal breaker - you get a good one, it helps you 100% to quit smoking.
My family, from Brazil, get their juices from here: http://www.e-liquid-store.com/
The brand is Dekang - very inexpensive.... it is from china, but very well regarded - very well known - this is the first brand of e-juice to go to market. Safe, and excellent quality, you can buy without fear
They ship for free Worldwide for orders over $29.00 - great deal. It does take a while to get in Brazil.... do not know how long it takes to get in the UK.
One tip: Get a bunch of bottles of 10ml, of different flavors, then you will see what you like, and next time you buy bottles of 30.
My juices now I buy either of 30 or, sometimes of 100, when it is sold that way.
Vaping is a lot different from cigarettes, as in smoking you smoke a pack all your life, vaping only very few flavors you can do that for a few days.... it is called all day vape juice. Not all flavors are like that - usually you switch around.....
It is great to have a bunch of flavors that you like..... it is a lot of fun and keeps you going!
Wow, thank you I wil stick to the cartomizers and e-liquid, that site that you gave me a link to is the cheapest I have found so far for e-liquid. Thank you, I can't believe that I still haven't had a cigarette and I feel so much better for it too.x

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How are you doing today Ruthy? Drinking tons of water and enjoying vaping? Still off the stinky nasty cigs? :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
:hugs: