It's raining Robins.........

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG the crows are invading the robin's nest in the green belt behind us and dropping the the babies into our yard. This went on for about an hour and the parents are still back their screaming. We cant find the nests as the brush is too thick. One of the babys has died as a result of Niki doghandling it. It was the first and largest victim of the three. I now have the two little ones in a box inside and if they survive the night I will be taking them to PAWS in the morning, I already called them. Please everyone send vibes that these little ones make it. I feel so god darned helpless.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
leah, this happened with us last week. I think the weather might have something to do with it, but with us it was crows raiding the starlings nest. My only outside cat had a field day before I was able to get out there and intervene. None of the babies survived, I hope yours do

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also have the starlings falling fromt he nest... I think the wind is blowing the nests dowm. My mom took it to the bird rescue place after feeding it warms all night...

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG, I've never heard of this before. That sounds absolutely awful! Poor baby birds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been up most of the night monitoring the little birdies and they are still alive. Yay! We'll be heading to PAWS in a couple of hours. I feel so bad for the parents though.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow well done for keeping them alive! I've heard that's very hard to look after baby birds.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad they are still alive. We had a baby bird fall out of its nest last summer, and we tried to keep it alive by feeding it worms and it ended up dying because one day my sister was late for work and didn't have time to feed it...Aw, so sad

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They're safe at PAWS now. They seemed to be in good condition upon arrival. When they are old enough to be released PAWS will bring them back here. How cool is that. I'll have my babies back.