It's Official..puppy Incoming!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've got a slew of collie dogs and I swear, you can't beat their smarts and sense.
Border Collies are too intense for me. I want to look into "old-time Scotch Collies" or English Shepherds for my next dog, if I don't stick with a Rough Collie, but all of my dogs have happened accidentally so we'll see.
There was another breeder that I was looking at that so far has answered ALL of my questions in a timely manner. She has jumped through hoops to provide me references, pictures, videos...I will probably end up buying my puppy from her if all goes well.
Yay! :vibes:that this is the right one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been talking to this breeder for a few days and she is definitely the right one! She cares very much for her animals and has gone to great lengths to get me the information that I ask for.

She's taken dozens of pictures and videos of her litter for me, shared contacts and vet records...I probably drove the poor lady nuts asking a thousand and one questions. But in the end it was clear that she was quite honest and eager to share with me so that I would know if her pups were the right choice.

We are going to be bringing this little boy home on July 10th!
Right now we are calling him Tyke, and it looks like it's sticking fast.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWWWWW! He's gorgeous!

I heard that traditionally sheepdogs are supposed to have 1-syllable names, and although that may be more of a Border Collie thing, I decided to stick with it. My boy is Finn. I met another Collie named Tug and I always liked that too. So Tyke fits the rule :D.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
AWWWWWW! He's gorgeous!

I heard that traditionally sheepdogs are supposed to have 1-syllable names, and although that may be more of a Border Collie thing, I decided to stick with it. My boy is Finn. I met another Collie named Tug and I always liked that too. So Tyke fits the rule :D.
Wow, I had no idea. That's really cool! It's a bit hard coming up with a name that would fit both a goofy pup AND a 'future Lassie.'

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
adorable. Glad he can stay with mom through the 'let's drive all the dogs crazy' days. Sydney is going to be so jazzed.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She'll be jazzed for sure! She gets so happy when she has someone to play with. The cats on the other hand...they decided unanimously that my sister's puppy is a devil that rudely drops in every other week. And she's completely harmless! They're going to have to get used to this one though. He's not leaving after a day visit lol!

The breeder said that he is a complete and total sweetheart, the most outgoing of the entire litter. She says that he is plain and simply happy to be alive.

Purrrfectttales

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You might try checking with a shelter or rescue that currently has puppies in foster care. Once kittens and puppies are removed from the shelter their personalities blossom. That way you may get a puppy who has been better socialized.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You might try checking with a shelter or rescue that currently has puppies in foster care. Once kittens and puppies are removed from the shelter their personalities blossom. That way you may get a puppy who has been better socialized.
It's a bit too late now, I have already paid for him!

Here are a few more pictures of the little guy:
CS1, 8 wks, 4, crop, sm.jpg

CS1, 8 wks, 16, crop, sm.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats! :bouquet: Only 6 more days until July 10th, bet you can't wait. :wink:
I love the name Tyke and, most of all, he seems like such a happy, good natured boy. What a sweetheart. :heartshape:

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow is the big day! I can honestly say that I am both excited and a bundle of nerves haha! It's been YEARS since I had a puppy this young. Even though we've known Sydney all of her life, she came to live with us when she was about six months old. I'm remembering all of my puppy raising days and thinking 'it wasn't THAT hard!' but I'm also afraid that my brain is forgetting... :lol:

For the past two days everything here has been 'Tyke Tyke Tyke, how should we introduce Tyke to the cats, where will Tyke eat, where will Tyke's crate go, wow, Tyke is gonna love this toy!!'

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know that little notebook you keep by the bed to write down ideas so you can go to sleep and not have to keep thinking about them? Yeap, Pupper's gonna chew that up, and the tp. Even good grown puppers can't always resist. especially if frustrated from cat hissing at her AGAIN.

pets for everyone. I'm so glad you figured out what Sydney needed. I can't say that enough. I'll probably say it again.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's adorable! And tomorrow's the day! Congratulations!

We had a Sheltie for many years, so I really like the looks. We got him as a puppy, and I can't say we had any shenanigans with him. He and the kids played together a lot and really well.

I don't recall him shedding at all, for those who care. My cats shed 100 times worse.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will NEVER regret getting a Collie! BEST DOGS EVER!!!! We had one while the kids were growing up to help my daughter get over her fear of dogs. We would still have one but realized we needed to downsize when we lost out English Setter. Just not strong enough to lift a dog that big anymore if needed (getting old sucks). We decided to go with a Sheltie (and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel) instead. Love them but would still love to have a Collie. I am so excited for you! Please post plenty of photos.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
So adorable, I grew up with collies so I am a bit bias. I thought they were called 'Standard",(Lassie types) never heard of "Rough Collies".

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We picked Tyke up from the airport this afternoon and we are completely smitten! Reese is very interested in seeing him but didn't show any distress so we allowed her to sniff him...she isn't quite sure what to think!
20190710_214911.jpg

20190710_193001(0).jpg
We didn't get a lot of pictures because he was so tired by the time he arrived, but after a good night's rest we'll definitely have some more!!

Can't wait to play with this guy and make myself his mama!